Thread: HELP !!! (new guy)

Exclamation HELP !!! (new guy)

Hi ! (I am from Sweden)

I am very new on this project and I wondered what parts that make how much LPM the HHO generator generates ?

And my other question is how much LPM must it generate to make a car go completely on water ?

Arrow Also newb, but researching

I have a 4.7L Dodge I'm looking to convert and trying to figure out what 4.7L equates to for LPM has been interesting to be sure. Currently building a 21plate dry cell so I have no starting point other than what I've seen tested on YouTube and in discussions like this forum...

There is a plethora of information to digest. A bit of my research list is as follows (hope it helps):

1. Making my own Lye(KOH) - California and Texas have made it a semi controlled substance since it can be used in the processing of meth. It's no longer available on store shelves
    2. Cleaning and conditioning my plates - not for the impatient
    3. Power Supplies for the under-funded - for testing without exposing my ride to an explosion and having a good controlled environment to extract good data points
    4. Common building materials - Some of the cell designs call for things that are a real pain to find and I really want to have a successful first prototype before I go "off the reservation" and start innovating my own design

There's more but that's a good start. I first started trying to build a Smack's design. It looked like the simplest design with common building materials but couldn't find nylon threaded rod or enough (yet) information to make an informed substitute.

All said, I am making slow progress, which is probably good considering a failure could be very dangerous... don't take all the warnings you see lightly!!! I wish you all the luck possible and look forward to hearing about your results.

dad^3

p.s. My high school Chemistry barely got my foot in the door for the information needed just to create the KOH, so be prepared to have your noodles stretched (lots of learning in my future)

100% NaOH (lye) is still available in California in Ace hardware and most Lows. At Ace hardware it looks like this.

Lows sells a different brand but is 100% NaOH. It looks like this.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Check another 2 off the list

I think I can mark all four off the list now.

Got a power supply built yesterday and tested today. Good voltages out up to 18 Amps at 12vdc. Thanks for the heads up on the lye. Now all i have to do is get the holes in the plates drilled and final assembly can commence. I'll start another thread and everyone can follow my progress.

Hi, the problem with the PSU is that it only gives 12vdc. Your car gives 14+vdc. Unless you configure your plate count for 12vdc, you will not get the results that you would have if you had placed the 21 plate reactor in the car.
    A better choice is a car battery charger. When I wanted real-world LPM measurements without a charger, I hooked my reactor up to the car's battery while the vehicle was running. My reactor sat on a table beside the car, and I tested the output just like that.

Hi, the problem with the PSU is that it only gives 12vdc.
    I am building this one for 12vdc operation. It will be a blow torch. I want to make the mistakes on a "bench" model before i subject my truck to my meddling. It will also give me a tool I can use to manufacture other stuff I need.

I'll post a new thread on my build and give this back to OP, Thanks ALL!!!

dad^3