Thread: pwm for big blocks

pwm for big blocks

I have a 5.3L chevy that I'm putting in HHO. I've already installed but not made final connections of 2 wet cells with 11 plates measuring 2 3/8" X 4 1/4". I also have an EFIE and a Scan Gauge. Ive read in different places that i need a PWM to prevent over heating. Do I need a PWM for each cell and at what amperage size for it(them)? And What gauge wire to make connection? Also what is a good brand or model and the place to buy?

Thanks

HI there

Not sure about the wet cell, but you should consider a dry cell set-up as it will be more efficient, easier to manage and produce more HHO.

The hotter the water gets the more the amp draw in a dry cell, this is where the PWM comes in, it will stop the thermal runaway.

Another solution to the thermal runaway problem, and i can confirm this ACTUALLY works, is to restrict the water flow from the reservoir going directly into the dry cell, restricting the flow will not only reduce amp draw, and stop the water reaching 70 degrees c but also, reduce the amps and voltage needed to produce the same amount of HHO.

Ive tried it, it really works!

Think about what you said.... and think about what is going on in the cell. Here's a clue "produce the same amount of HHO." can you say STEAM!

Quote Originally Posted by philc1974 View Post

Another solution to the thermal runaway problem, and i can confirm this ACTUALLY works, is to restrict the water flow from the reservoir going directly into the dry cell, restricting the flow will not only reduce amp draw, and stop the water reaching 70 degrees c but also, reduce the amps and voltage needed to produce the same amount of HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by philc1974 View Post
    HI there

Not sure about the wet cell, but you should consider a dry cell set-up as it will be more efficient, easier to manage and produce more HHO.

The hotter the water gets the more the amp draw in a dry cell, this is where the PWM comes in, it will stop the thermal runaway.

Whoa Kemosabe,
    1; If you slow the water down to the "dry" cell you will actually create thermal runaway and steam, as you will have too many bubbles in the cell and not enough cooling from the water.
    2; Also, "wet" and "dry" cells can create around the same amount of HHO and quality. However "dry" cells are a little more effiecent as the flow of water helps to push the bubbles from the surface to free up room for the next .

Keep it cool and keep the flow going !
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

where can you buy a good PWM? Ive heard about PWMs that will power 2 cells, anyone know about these or can 2 cells be powered by one PWM?

Yes, you can!

Yes, it is possible to run two cells (wet or dry) off of one PWM. Take a look at http://www.hydrogentech.co/shop/category/ccpwm/

They sell Constant Current PWM's, if you want one send me an Email and I'll send you a coupon code.

If you need a wiring diagram or explanation for wiring 2 cells to one PWM, let me know. I am an electrical engineer and can help you with that.

http://www.hydrogentech.co/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqbHI...layer_embedded