Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Other fuel saving ideas?

Jesse!
    Is there any chance you can post a picture of where you tide in the
    Thermocouple. I believe you said you drilled and tap threaded a hole?

The steam for what I understand need to be wet steam, so it still has the potential to expand, your suggested steam setup would be wet.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

FWIW, The Nano Fusion ceramic treatment does appear to be raising compression in both vehicles, and lower oil consumption I'm my GMC. I'll try to do a complete test this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    FWIW, The Nano Fusion ceramic treatment does appear to be raising compression in both vehicles, and lower oil consumption I'm my GMC. I'll try to do a complete test this weekend.
    Sounds promising there Roland.
    Does the brand you used requier two treatments like the other brand?
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Its been about 6 weeks since my Ceramic treatment of Fusion Tech in 2 vehicles. I intended to do more reporting and testing but stuff happens.

Just a brief update to be followed buy a more detailed one and then a final report and opinion at the 3 month point.

My GMC has greatly improved it's fouling Spark plugs issue on #4 cylinder. (it had been fouling every 300 miles or less). Its now gone over been 1200 miles since the last fouling (it seems to be getting longer between fouling as time goes on.

The MPG has improved (about 10%) but i cant say for sure the the treatment had any thing to do with that. ( I will make a effort to isolate what contributed to improved MPG at 3 month point)

I have not done a compression check lately on the GMC.

Oil consumption has definitely gone down. but it seems to have been increasing a little with time. I need more time to determine how much oil use reduction has happened

Mercury Villager

I have had issues with this 1994 villager. The daily MPG (wife driving unknown about treatment or testing) has gone down about 20%. I first thought it had something to do with the treatment. I am now fairly certain it did not have anything to do with the treatment. I drove in it down to FL this week about 900 miles. The HWY driving showed a slight improvement in mpg 5-10%. but acceleration MPG does look to be worse according to the vans MPG gauge (I'll compared Data later) ( i believe it has a sensor issue but no codes)

I did a compression check and it did go up at week 2 but now it back down to orgininal comprsion.

I have to say the company Fusion tech really needs to get thier act together. Thier not very helpfull with details...
    1. Thier online directions are for a Two part product, and they are now using a one part product.
    2. They say to add product then drive at least 20 minites. After later conversations they recomdend add product and let idle for 20 minites.
    I cant help but think the Type of oil you use matters also but no mention of that, I've been using Delvac 1300 15-40, but i think i should have use 5-30 (which is really the factory recomended oil for both of these vehcles)
    If I had to do it over again i think i would have done this with RVS from the Canadian distibutor they offer a bit more helpfull details.

Anyway all in all I have to say as of now, i do think it was a very good investment for my GMC.

Biggy boy..

I'll see if I can get my camera under there.
    I took a brass 1/8" NPT X 1/4" compression fitting and drilled it out to the diameter of the thermal-couple shaft. I drilled it to a depth that would put the tip of the thermal-couple in the center of the exhaust pipe when the fitting was threaded in place.
    The thermal-couple body was too long to hold it into the fitting with the existing threads of the compression side of the fitting. so I had to extend the threads some how. [you can improvise any way you want.] I had a bunch of old used fittings so I used a 2ND fitting that had a 1/4" compression thread and cut it off where the threads ended[to gain max length of thread] I also used a 2ND 1/4" nut and cut the top off so it became a threaded coupling.
    I screwed them all together and had enough thread length. I then took the 1ST 1/4" compression nut and cut an 1/8" slot down the side. Then I slipped the thermal-couple lead through the slot. Insert the thermal-couple into the fitting and clamp into place with the slotted nut. Like I said you can do it anyway you want.

Cherry red is approx. 1400 *F so when I heated the TC and it just started to get reddish [approx. 1200*F] the Ohms were about 550.

Jesse