Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other fuel saving ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygoldsmith View Post
    first time I tried Acetone I got 500 miles out of my tank (15 gal).
    Jerry what kind of gas do you use?
    Is there ethanol in it?
    I've been reading about the use of acetone, they are saying if the gas has ethanol, you need to use a combo of acetone xylene and a bit of oil.

3oz acetone-3oz xylene-1oz of 2 stroke oil / 10 US gal.

Ive tried it but not convinced for sure if it works.

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

I think you should check this out too.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-RVS-treatment

Sounds crazy but does work. Tested myself and my car now rolls easier, idles very quietly and has more low end torque. With the right driving style this also leads in smaller fuel consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    I think you should check this out too.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-RVS-treatment

Sounds crazy but does work. Tested myself and my car now rolls easier, idles very quietly and has more low end torque. With the right driving style this also leads in smaller fuel consumption.
    Thanks Mika.
    Yes I read that post when you originally posted it, I'm a member of that forum too.

Wow I wouldn't say that thread is a glowing testimonial to the product.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    Jerry what kind of gas do you use?
    Is there ethanol in it?
    I've been reading about the use of acetone, they are saying if the gas has ethanol, you need to use a combo of acetone xylene and a bit of oil.

3oz acetone-3oz xylene-1oz of 2 stroke oil / 10 US gal.

Ive tried it but not convinced for sure if it works.

Glen
    I use standard grade stuff, but no ethanol. I avoid Ethanol gas when possible. But I only use Acetone now when going on long trips, mostly because I don't want to have it sitting in my tank for days.

I've been told not to use Xylene in my car by a mechanic, something about corrosion of certain parts (01 pontiac grand prix)

Yeah, not very positive stuff about rvs on fuel-saver, but hey, it's the same old story. "If I don't understand it, it just can't work". I just am the only one who has actually tried it, and I'm very happy I did.

Hey Mika,

I have the perfect vehicle for a trial for this RVS product. My work truck its a 2001 GMC 1 ton Savanna Van. The engine is In poor condition and has 220,000 miles on it.

It uses about 1 quart of oil per gas tank full.
    Number 6 spark plug fouls out at about 400 miles (carbon build up, i suspect bad rings)
    It went from 11.5 MPG to 9.5MPG about 8 month ago and is steady at 9.5 MPG.
    It also blew a head gasket (& or cracked a head) about 8 months ago, I temporarily fixed that with Blue Devil (had to do that treatment twice but it worked no water leaks. i undersand that stuff could last a good while)

Ive been saving to buy a re-manufactured engine but i dont mind trying this first, I got nothing to loose as far as the engine is concerned.
    I'm not sure if goes by another name in the US. I'm waiting for a phone call to clear that up.

I should do a compression test on it first but the spark plugs are a major pain to get to.

If piston rings have lost their elasticity and the compression is reduced due to that, an RVS Technology® treatment cannot help in this problem. The piston rings have to be replaced. Normally RVS Technology® takes care of the rest.

It might not solve my number 6 cylinder fouling but im still want to try it

Turns out it goes by another name in the US, Fusion Nanomaxx Drive Train Treatment
    http://fusion-tech.com/main/products
    The US distributor tell me they Now have it down to 1 treatment. $49.00
    Do a oil change
    Mix and add product then drive for 30 minutes.

I decided to try it on my 1994 Mercury Villager also which drives great and Easier to test compression etc on.

Are you sure that it's the same stuff? If you are, then go ahead and please make the compression tests. Maybe people will believe you better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Are you sure that it's the same stuff? If you are, then go ahead and please make the compression tests. Maybe people will believe you better than me.
    RVS displays these guys as there only US distributor.
    http://www.rvs-tec.com/English/contact.htm#US_flag

Yeah I'm doing a compression check on both vans Tomorrow.

I called 2 of the reviewer mechanics in Canada one know longer works on cars and the other no longer sell it directly. They both said that the product worked great. I ask them about any long term bad side effects and they said they never had any bad side effects. that was convincing for me.

I tried to post on that other thread but something is wrong with my username or something. Funny how they completely changed subjects at the end that thread.