Thread: This noobs 1st build

This noobs 1st build

Hi guys, Just started testing up my first build and was curious. I have it hooked up to a CCPWM And and a jumper to two my truck. I have a question? Can't figure out why I'm only drawing 11 amps. I can't dial my PWM any higher than 11amps regardless of what I dial it to. It seems like that's all it will pull. My build consist of a 13 plate 4 inch solution contact surface area -nnnnn+nnnnn- Running 10% KOH at the moment. Why won't it draw any more amps? My alternator is plenty capable of putting out to 80 amps. Production is fairly crummy at 11 amps. I Built a flow meter out of a piece of 4 inch PVC and a piece of plexie using a one leader water bottle. My flow is currently 1liter per 90sec. Please excuse my noobishness and stupid questions. Any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lowvolt View Post
    Hi guys, Just started testing up my first build and was curious. I have it hooked up to a CCPWM And and a jumper to two my truck. I have a question? Can't figure out why I'm only drawing 11 amps. I can't dial my PWM any higher than 11amps regardless of what I dial it to. It seems like that's all it will pull. My build consist of a 13 plate 4 inch solution contact surface area -nnnnn+nnnnn- Running 10% KOH at the moment. Why won't it draw any more amps? My alternator is plenty capable of putting out to 80 amps. Production is fairly crummy at 11 amps. I Built a flow meter out of a piece of 4 inch PVC and a piece of plexie using a one leader water bottle. My flow is currently 1liter per 90sec. Please excuse my noobishness and stupid questions. Any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    First I would ask what your gasket thickness is, the greater the thickness the stronger % of electrolyte you usually will need. Secondly can you measure the voltage that you are getting at your reactor? The voltage at the reactor is the power going to the plates, this is very critical to output.

pictures?

Main power is from the truck 13.2v to cell. Voltage per sector is 2v to 2.1v.
    My gasket thickness is 40 mil pvc , I'm using grey shower pan liner. the brass fittings have been replaced with plastic ones since that pic has been taken

Attachment 2242

Sounds to me that you may have to add more KOH or lye to raise the amps with that much voltage at the cell. "D"

Thank you .That's what I thought.

its funny how people always put their connections at the top of the cell LOL, when most of the time the top of the cell is empty and the part that is wet and needs the power is all the way at the bottom. LowVolt please do us a favor and run a test with your cell in the up right position then run another test this time with the cell up side down. remember to switch around the hoses for the inlet and output.

just want to see if im wrong on this

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    its funny how people always put their connections at the top of the cell LOL, when most of the time the top of the cell is empty and the part that is wet and needs the power is all the way at the bottom. LowVolt please do us a favor and run a test with your cell in the up right position then run another test this time with the cell up side down. remember to switch around the hoses for the inlet and output.

just want to see if im wrong on this
    I verified that this works well and should be implemented where possible. The gain was 10% MMW for my cell. Seems that the only better solution would be a 6061 aluminum outer plate as the electrode and allow all flow through a center divider. Reactor would have to have at least two stacks for this to work though as no elyte or water should touch aluminum.