Hello all. I have just registered, but have been here a few times to look up info. I currently have a HHO generator.

Pictures here: http://s49.beta.photobucket.com/user.../HHO%20Project

It is a submerged cell, 6 single plate cells in series. Currently I have about 1.5-2 cups water and 88g KOH per cell. It runs for hours, never gets hot, pullls about 6-7.5 amps, but does not put out the amount of HHO I would like.

Initially I wanted to build a torch. The flame I'm currently get is teeny-tiny, not enough to be useful except lighting the fire pit. My cell construction is loosely created from Bob Boyce's instructions. I have not run my genny at low solutions for days to clean the plates. They still produce some white solid (I would say powder, but it's all in the solution) particles. Maybe the plates are not clean enough yet. They are scrap stainless, sanded, slightly magnetized, probably 304 by the way.

I have an old PC power supply which I modified to supply the genny because I was having trouble with the motor/alt working together. The reason I use the alt is because it puts out 14.3v vs the 12.1 (which drops to 11.3 loaded) from the PSU. I'm still having problems with supplying power. At more that 10A the alt bogs, motor has trouble and I don't want to burn up anything. When using the PSU anything more that 12 amps trips the PSU and it shuts off until unplugged. I'm so F***ing frustrated.

I can get more KOH, or NaOH, but I'm just kinda stuck. any help or suggestions would be welcome. Feel free to ask more Q's if need be.

I get more amps by removing a cell or two. I've played around, if I drop 2 it will pull 20A from the battery by itself at ~12v but I want to use all 6.