Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help with some issues !

help with some issues !

having a time finding anyone who can answer my issues i posted couple times on here

small light weight low rpm generator alternator that can produce over 60 amps

help with heating an HHO with little current.

I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by james67 View Post
    having a time finding anyone who can answer my issues i posted couple times on here

small light weight low rpm generator alternator that can produce over 60 amps

help with heating an HHO with little current.
    Generators with rare earth permanent magnets and extra windings can produce good current at "low RPM". There are aftermarket alternators that can approach 60 amps at 7-800 rpm idle speeds. None of them I would call "small or light weight". Windings are needed to produce those amps.

And amperes are needed to heat anything electrically. The power drop across a device is P=I*I*R. You need more current the more heat you intend to produce. And make your HHO generator inefficient so as to increase its resistance (R).

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    Generators with rare earth permanent magnets and extra windings can produce good current at "low RPM". There are aftermarket alternators that can approach 60 amps at 7-800 rpm idle speeds. None of them I would call "small or light weight". Windings are needed to produce those amps.

And amperes are needed to heat anything electrically. The power drop across a device is P=I*I*R. You need more current the more heat you intend to produce. And make your HHO generator inefficient so as to increase its resistance (R).
    ok thanks
    but i need to make a hot hho cell but not just using current .. so i can only guess how, like distance of plates.. adding more potassium hydroxide .. using j masons jar generators .... i dont really know

Understand this . . .

ok thanks
    but i need to make a hot hho cell but not just using current .. so i can only guess how, like distance of plates.. adding more potassium hydroxide .. using j masons jar generators .... i dont really know
    . . . most people on these forums manipulate the variables of plates, spacing, electrolyte strength , etc. to REDUCE current and heating of their systems.

If you don't want to use current to heat your system, the ONLY choice is to use EXTERNAL heating. My E-generators use separate tubular cells. I run engine coolant between them to heat them up to 80 degrees centigrade.

May we ask what you are attempting to achieve with your HOT HHO generator?

. . . most people on these forums manipulate the variables of plates, spacing, electrolyte strength , etc. to REDUCE current and heating of their systems.

If you don't want to use current to heat your system, the ONLY choice is to use EXTERNAL heating. My E-generators use separate tubular cells. I run engine coolant between them to heat them up to 80 degrees centigrade.

May we ask what you are attempting to achieve with your HOT HHO generator?
    a boiler for heating water & making hydrogen .. and i do need current

Is this for use in an internal combustion engine?

a boiler for heating water & making hydrogen .. and i do need current
    Or some other process?

I have already told you you will get some steam production from a warm electrolysis generator under partial vacuum along with HHO production.

If you want to really boil the electrolyte at standard pressure, you will really need to crank up the amps and insulate your cells so as to minimize heat loss. You will get HHO and a prodigious amount of steam. You will probably damage your cell as corrosion will increase in proportion to your current and heat index. You will also transfer a large amount of electrolyte out with your steam.

It is far better to produce an efficient electrolysis cell to generate your HHO and have a parallel steam generator. If you want to place it in a car, you have lots of hot exhaust to use as a heat source for your steam. If you have an industrial system, you can use wall power or natural gas to create your steam. If not, look into the piezo "cold fog" generators people are using to create "cold vapor".

I cannot continue to help you with the minimal amount of information you put forth.

Or some other process?

I have already told you you will get some steam production from a warm electrolysis generator under partial vacuum along with HHO production.

If you want to really boil the electrolyte at standard pressure, you will really need to crank up the amps and insulate your cells so as to minimize heat loss. You will get HHO and a prodigious amount of steam. You will probably damage your cell as corrosion will increase in proportion to your current and heat index. You will also transfer a large amount of electrolyte out with your steam.

It is far better to produce an efficient electrolysis cell to generate your HHO and have a parallel steam generator. If you want to place it in a car, you have lots of hot exhaust to use as a heat source for your steam. If you have an industrial system, you can use wall power or natural gas to create your steam. If not, look into the piezo "cold fog" generators people are using to create "cold vapor".

I cannot continue to help you with the minimal amount of information you put forth.
    not to worry i liked yuor ideas and noted them !
    there's just couple more questions in my mind about certain things like possibility of non back emf generators/alternators available and the type of hho generator to best suite this idea .. for example coiled wire cells over the plates.
    I would not put steam in a cars combustion engine unless it was modified for it.. i would however put water mist or vapor with air input.

Steam is the result of the combustion of hydrocarbons.

not to worry i liked yuor ideas and noted them !
    there's just couple more questions in my mind about certain things like possibility of non back emf generators/alternators available and the type of hho generator to best suite this idea .. for example coiled wire cells over the plates.
    I would not put steam in a cars combustion engine unless it was modified for it.. i would however put water mist or vapor with air input.
    All internal combustion engines run on steam as a partial by-product.

It sounds like you are trying to create a system that spins the alternator then the power is sent to the electrolysis generator. What do you do with the HHO? Run the engine to power the alternator!

Nah, that doesn't ever work out.

All internal combustion engines run on steam as a partial by-product.

It sounds like you are trying to create a system that spins the alternator then the power is sent to the electrolysis generator. What do you do with the HHO? Run the engine to power the alternator!

Nah, that doesn't ever work out.
    There will be no engine but i can say that it should be self running, except for addition of the water.

Good luck on your quest.

There will be no engine but i can say that it should be self running, except for addition of the water.
    It is the Holy Grail to produce power from nothing.