Hello,
I have built a new cell that is a combination of a dry cell and a wet cell.

I tried using .040" pvc gaskets, but ran into leaks, and internal arcing. So I disassembled the cell to start over with better materials.

I will be using 1/8" EPDM gaskets, and EPDM plates or something akin to it next time.

But what Im trying to figure out, is the best mix strength for my cell once I get it put back together. I typically run 3tspns per gallon of KOH.

With that my 5N3 cell with 6 x 7" plates gave me 18 seconds on a 500ml bottle, @ 22amps, and 13 seconds @ 32amps. This was 13 vdc, and 50 degree electrolyte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn1MM...ature=youtu.be

Does adding to the strength of the electrolyte increase production in direct correlation to the amp draw? Im wanting to make a heater with this cell.
In the above mentioned configuration, I was able to produce a 2 to 3 inch flame and burn some pop cans with my #2 hoke jewelers tipped torch.

Ideally Ill be running a couple of small torch tips heating re-boiler type heat exchangers and passing them through CPU cooling radiators.
Think of it like a big Mr. Coffee maker that produces heat rather than coffee.

I'd like to know if anyone has come up with a standard on KOH mix strength. This would help me in the design to know what amperage, to KOH mix strength would produce the best. My target goal is to run this under 400watts, and less than 30 amps while at full operating temp.

Any help here?