Thread: EFIE Questions

EFIE Questions

Hi everyone, Got a few ideas for my install and would like some of your input on my thoughts. Ok, for starters the vehicle is a 2001 Nissan frontier 2.4L 2wd pickup. I plan on hooking my laptop to the OBD port to monitor the sensors wile doing my commute. I will be using a ELMscan 5 and OBDWIZ software for the monitoring the 02 sensors during normal operating conditions in hopes that It will help me dial in the EFIE for the best results when the time comes. I'm not sure on the parameters so I figured that I would take some numbers prior to the install of an EFIE to get a baseline..

Thoughts?

You are well ahead of most people . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lowvolt View Post
    Hi everyone, Got a few ideas for my install and would like some of your input on my thoughts. Ok, for starters the vehicle is a 2001 Nissan frontier 2.4L 2wd pickup. I plan on hooking my laptop to the OBD port to monitor the sensors wile doing my commute. I will be using a ELMscan 5 and OBDWIZ software for the monitoring the 02 sensors during normal operating conditions in hopes that It will help me dial in the EFIE for the best results when the time comes. I'm not sure on the parameters so I figured that I would take some numbers prior to the install of an EFIE to get a baseline..

Thoughts?
    . . . by starting with an ELMscan to understand your vehicle better. There is another thread posted that has a link to hhoelectronics prolific PDF papers on tuning. The author has given permission for it's distribution here. It is a valuable resource. Do a search for HHOSuperpack.