Thread: Direct hydrogen injection

Direct hydrogen injection

Hey guys, ive been on hiatus after all my previous ettemps to boost mpg via hho failed.

Ive decided to revisit the idea from a different perspective. Rather than killing myself adding cells and playing with hho output and efficiency i want to tackle the question "can hydrogen addition to a gas enigine increase mpg efficincy"

Sooo... Then. I want to try obtaining a cylinder of compresed hydrogen and a gas regulator and try hydrogen addition to the air intake in small volumes in attempt to increase mpg. Theoretically hydrogen will increase the flame velocityin the combustion cylinders to increase engine efficincy, correct?

Sooo my question is, does anyone kno whete i can obtain compressed hydrogen???

If hydrogen addition is duccesful i will attemp to modify my hho generator to produce a similar quantity of gas. Yes i know hho is not pure hydrogen. Lots of questions and lots of room for experiment will be presented

There would not be syngas in the exaust of a gasoline vehicle with 1-2% hydrrogen supplement. I plan to inject it to the air intake just like HHO would. But rather than trying to build HHO onboard with generators i want to find a Hydrogen tank (maybe from a welding shop) and inject it at 3-4 Litres per minute.

The trick is finding a low flow regulator (perhaps from portable medical oxygen tanks). Down the road, if it proves sucessful, i plan to build in a sensor to control the hydrogen injection based on RPM (would be more practical for automatically regulating the intake at highway speeds)

Mono atomicic Hydrogen has little to do with getting the Gains on fuel consumption. Browns Gas / HHO is very different from bottled (mono) H2.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

I have learned much.

I don't know where to buy compress Hydrogen but this video shows just what you want to try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ3dO...W3jfKw&index=1

only way to get real results is by remapping the fuel map. The engine will still apply the same amount of fuel no matter how much hho your adding. You might see a slight increase but not much. Turning down the fuel and increasing the hydrogen will get the job done. Your gonna need a aftermarket or chipped pcm/ecu. I'm sorry but to get the real deal you will have to modify the vehicle. Its just not possible on a stock engine. Other things like the efi may work. But the real results will come from more customization. The only thing that efi will do will mod the outputs of the sensors but once again it goes back to the fuel maps and your limited by them.

Example on a cold start an engine will apply more fuel to get the engine to the right operating temp. This is why your car always seems so much faster on a cold morning. Now tricking the coolant sensor can modify the cold start. Tricking the engine into thinking its warm you wont be adding that extra gas to warm up. This will be a great deal in improving the mpg. As your hho will compensate. You need to substitute one for the other. As you saw on mythbusters they indeed did run a car on hydrogen. But that was a old car with a carburetor it wasnt limited by the sensors we have today. Try your research on a OBD1 car so anything before 1996.

carburated is not the way to go because of the flashback. So go for a fuel injected.

Good luck hope i helped.