Thread: 1st time building hho generator. need help?!

1st time building hho generator. need help?!

I have built my first hho generator, I decided to build a simple wet cell for my first try. So I used 12 304SS plates that are 12"L x 4"W. I know 304 isn't the best for hho making but I wanted to keep the cost low for my first one to make sure it was going to work. I am running the 12 plates like
    + n n n n n n n n n n - I am running them on rectified 120v and is producing a pretty good bit of hho. I built an acrylic container to house the plates and made a lid with a seal, so that it is air tight. My problem is that when I stick my outlet tube in a container with water in it no gas bubbles out unless I have the tube going sideways on top of the water with the tube barely submerged it will bubble some. But if I turn the tube towards the bottom of the container, no gas will bubble out. I have sprayed soapy water on my lid seal and connections where they come through the lid, but I am not seeing any bubbles as if it were leaking. What could be the problem?

It's gotta be a leak somewhere if you are seeing production in the cell.Also, only 10 neutral plates for rectified AC? That's WAAAAY too many volts/plate gap, you need 58 neutrals.

Yes I know it puts 12v-14v on each plate, but I don't have anymore plates cut right now.

So if I have this right the container should pressurize if it is sealed right?
    So I guess I'll check for leaks again.

HydroJ-
    If you're going to play with rectified wall current then at least pick up a light dimmer switch to put in front of that rectifier so you can have a reactor rather than a water heater. You have 6-7 times more voltage between each plate than you need or want. Please tell us the type and amount of electrolyte you are using and include some photos- photos make it MUCH easier to evaluate the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hho gen

Sorry I have been away for so long, I just started messing with the generator again today and I was able locate and stop the leaks. Now it is working well.

Biofarmer93: perhaps you could tell me more about putting a light dimmer in the circuit? My generator doesn't get that hot I think it gets to about 120 degrees F after 1 hour of opperation. I am not using any electrolyte, that is why I have more volts for each plate.

Thanks for the help.