Thread: HHO Wet/Dry Cell Hybrid- "Padded Cell" Concept

Lightbulb HHO Wet/Dry Cell Hybrid- "Padded Cell" Concept

Hey guys.

I'm new to HHO but jumping in with both feet. My budget is very limited currently so I am stuck in the "design" phase for now.

I am looking forward to any feedback on my design, which I will I hope get to slowly improve/build over the next few months.

It was designed in an effort to minimise the amount of metal work (drilling, cutting, etc) and maximise the ease of assembly/disassembly for cleaning/testing etc. Also, I tried to incorporate using as much surface area of the plates as possible.

Please check it out the video here: HHO Wet/Dry Cell Hybrid - "Padded Cell" Concept

Thanks!

psycHHOpath

One weakness I see is the power connections. A friction connection on the plate is not enough. It is possibly hazardous too. I would give the connections some more thought. Looks cool but the proof is in the running. Keep up the good work.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I am as we speak working on the same concept, have the plates and poly and just started the prototype last week, I've been going over different designs and trying to come up with something somewhat original, ever since I joined but didn't want to spring it til it was up and running, Looks like you beat me to it, I do have a solid connection planned but was also considering going unipolar with it due to the higher volumes i need for my diesels. Excellent job on the animation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is one of the best visuals I have seen. Excellent work. The design is however one that a government agency had surpassed for one very similar except they have etched plates for increased production and flow, a different housing concept though. Good luck with your endeavor, and keep the forum posted.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Thanks for the comments.

I do agree the power connection is the weakest link in the design.

I was thinking of possibly drilling a small hole on the two outer side plate, tapping a thread in it and the power connections could wind into the plate, creating a much more secure connection, or possibly soldering a small nut to the plate that the post could wind into.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    The design is however one that a government agency had surpassed for one very similar except they have etched plates for increased production and flow, a different housing concept though.
    The who did the what now?

I still have a lot of research to do, as I am very new to all this. I am hoping to start build a system soon as I use an acetylene torch for soldering and brazing almost every day, and using a homemade HHO torch in it's place would be pretty freaking "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by psychhopath View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

I do agree the power connection is the weakest link in the design.

I was thinking of possibly drilling a small hole on the two outer side plate, tapping a thread in it and the power connections could wind into the plate, creating a much more secure connection, or possibly soldering a small nut to the plate that the post could wind into.
    Psych,
    Welcome to the forum.
    It's a pleasure to see such a well thought out design for a change! I feel that you are on the right track with the idea of tapping the outer plates for an electrical connection- and if you used slightly thicker outer plates, they could provide a bit more peace of mind about thread "bite". Also, were I you, I would seriously consider a second connection point diagonally from the first on the power plates. Ideally the power connections are at opposite corners from the vents.

The edge tubing idea is good from the standpoint that it provides plate spacing and some electrical insulation of plate edges, You can improve that insulation by using Weldon-16 around the complete perimeter of the plates. This will completely insulate the edges, (at the vent areas also) to give you a more efficient reactor and more production.

I really like what I'm seeing here, how far into construction are you? Before I forget- I suppose you have been in the archives here and know about media blasting your plates as part of the prep work, right? The Weldon-16 will not adhere to non-blasted 316L and gas production is much higher from blasted plates.

Take care, have fun and keep up the good work. Oh, and photograph everything so you can post it- we love photos! -Bio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    I really like what I'm seeing here, how far into construction are you?
    Thanks for the comments.

I've yet to commit fully to a design and sink any money into it. Apparently Christmas presents for the kids takes priority over my little pet projects. I've got one heck of a new years resolution though.

Currently I'm playing around with some wet cell designs mostly because you can get your feet wet (so to speak) and try out a few things without spending a fortune. I'm trying to integrate the graphite rods I had extracted from a couple old 6 volt batteries. If I come up with an interesting design (or one I find interesting anyway), I'll post it.