Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to HHO, need help

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyguy View Post
    Ok potassium hydroxide but how much do I use if I want to be doing a gallon. Thanks for the reply
    You need a scale and to measure in grams to be accurate. If you don't have this, then start with approx 1 tbsp per gallon and work your way up from there.

Unless my calculations are off, 1 tbsp in 1 gal of water is approx 1% by weight.

Start low and work your way up.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyguy View Post
    Oh and why do people use baking soda or say to use baking soda.
    Simple, people say this because NaHCO3 (baking soda) is easily to get. The problem with NaHCO3 is the extra CO (carbon monoxide) that is produced under electrolysis. If you use baking soda, you will eventually have NaOH (sodium hydroxide) anyway. Using baking soda will also potentially damage the surface of your electrodes and muddy your water with impurities.

If you cannot find KOH, use NaOH. If you cannot find either one, use Google.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    You need a scale and to measure in grams to be accurate. If you don't have this, then start with approx 1 tbsp per gallon and work your way up from there.

Unless my calculations are off, 1 tbsp in 1 gal of water is approx 1% by weight.

Start low and work your way up.

Simple, people say this because NaHCO3 (baking soda) is easily to get. The problem with NaHCO3 is the extra CO (carbon monoxide) that is produced under electrolysis. If you use baking soda, you will eventually have NaOH (sodium hydroxide) anyway. Using baking soda will also potentially damage the surface of your electrodes and muddy your water with impurities.

If you cannot find KOH, use NaOH. If you cannot find either one, use Google.
    I saw pottasium pills can I use that or where can I find the pure pottasium hydroxide or where do you buy yours. In any hair salon store or hardware store?

eBay for me. I buy 5 or more lbs at a time. Been 2 or more yrs since my last purchase as I recycle the bubbler water.

Smile

eBay for me. I buy 5 or more lbs at a time. Been 2 or more yrs since my last purchase as I recycle the bubbler water.
    Ok thank you so much you been a great help answering my question and one last thingdo you buy the bottle from sential depot or the soap or the little chuncks.

Dudadeisel is a good source. Red Devil potash. You can also order here http://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query="potassium+hydroxide"

Smile

Dudadeisel is a good source. Red Devil potash. You can also order here http://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query="potassium+hydroxide"
    Ok thank you so much.

Even though I am a NaOH user and only run 1.8% or less so need very little but here is a good place to order you KOH.

http://www.essentialdepot.com/servle...ash/Categories
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .