this might come off as totally absurd, but hey, this community is bound to attract the greenest of the green, i should think.

discontinue reading if there is a fairly comprehensive thread on this site regarding the voluminous array of terminology involved in understanding this technology, and simply link it up in the comments.

if there is not, however, i think creating one would be invaluable in the veritable and honourable effort to educate the average joe in this great work. personally, i think this is kind of a revolutionary thing, and that my 80 year old homemaking grandma should know how to do it. but she, much like me, is not exactly privy to the vernacular at work here, making it quite a challenge to navigate, with any certain degree of understanding, sometimes even a paragraph of the jargon-filled verbal exchange taking place here.

i've spent the last 5 hours or so on this site as my grandfather (a tool & die maker and husband of said homemaking grandma) took interest when i brought up that i'd heard of it. i'm not into cars, but i'm REALLY not into gasoline. he's from croatia and the language barrier between us is a hurtle in itself, so a tome of terminology of some sort would be greatly appreciated, as the better i can understand this, the better i can pass it on to him, and just about anyone else who might be willing to listen.

Thanks!

-Beeblebrox Maximus, hailing from Ontario, Canada.