Thread: Building 120v HHO generator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Building 120v HHO generator

Hi everybody,

I'll start making a 120v generator and I would like tips considering your experiences for this purpose....

This is what I expected as design

reactor
    56 mediablasted plates 6" * 8", 1/8" gasket, holes insulated with Weld-On

Electricity
    120vac --> 20A fuse/braker --> 20amp 120vac speed controler --> bridge rectifier 35A 600v --> capacitor 2200uf 400vdc --> Static relay solid statte 25 AMP

Do you thing it's will be right ?

Regards
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

120v hho gen

looks good, I have built a 120v hho generator and it works pretty well. I used 12" x 4" plates and I used 12 of them in series. So each plate has about 13v because rectified 120v ac comes to about 160v dc. It draws about 6A with just tap water, I am not using a catalyst. I have not had a chance to check my output in lpm yet. O, and mine is a wet cell, it is my first hho build so I thought I would keep it simple, and I made an acrylic container for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroJ View Post
    looks good, I have built a 120v hho generator and it works pretty well. I used 12" x 4" plates and I used 12 of them in series. So each plate has about 13v because rectified 120v ac comes to about 160v dc. It draws about 6A with just tap water, I am not using a catalyst. I have not had a chance to check my output in lpm yet. O, and mine is a wet cell, it is my first hho build so I thought I would keep it simple, and I made an acrylic container for it as well.
    Hi HydroJ

You don't use a capacitor ?

What you are using to cool the bridge rectifier ?

Regards
    Remi
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

Yes I have a filtering capacitor installed after the rectifier. I currently dont have any heatsink or cooling device mounted to my bridge rectifier, which after 30 mins is very hot! But you should use a heatsink, I dont expect the bridge rectifier would last very long without it. I am currently in the experimental stage and dont run my cell for very long.

Hi everybody

Here is the real configuration of my generator.

reactor
    56 mediablasted plates 6" * 8", 1/8" gasket, holes insulated with Weld-On

Electricity
    120vac --> 20A fuse/braker --> bridge rectifier 35A 600v (167 vdc) --> capacitor 2200uf 400vdc --> HHO Generator

I have a problem controlling amperage. ?

I started with a rate of 10% NaOH and it was too much. The amperage climbed more than 20 amps and the breaker triggered

I declined at a rate of 5% NaOH and no change

I then used water without NaOH and I have the same problem

Regardless of the rate of NaOH, amperage increase (> 20 amps) and the circuit breaker trips

Is there a special way to clean the generator when the want to reduce the rate of electrolyte?

Thank in advance

Here is a small video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM2C...e_gdata_player
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

You will need to pump distilled water through the the reactor a few times using fresh water each time. You will not need more than 1% to 2% NaOH. Also you need a bigger reservoir for that big of a reactor possibly. What temperature is it at when the circuit breaker trips? I run less than 2% NaOH in my large reactors and use 3 gallons of electrolyte.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .