Thread: Building 120v HHO generator

Building 120v HHO generator

Hi everybody,

I'll start making a 120v generator and I would like tips considering your experiences for this purpose....

This is what I expected as design

reactor
    56 mediablasted plates 6" * 8", 1/8" gasket, holes insulated with Weld-On

Electricity
    120vac --> 20A fuse/braker --> 20amp 120vac speed controler --> bridge rectifier 35A 600v --> capacitor 2200uf 400vdc --> Static relay solid statte 25 AMP

Do you thing it's will be right ?

Regards
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

120v hho gen

looks good, I have built a 120v hho generator and it works pretty well. I used 12" x 4" plates and I used 12 of them in series. So each plate has about 13v because rectified 120v ac comes to about 160v dc. It draws about 6A with just tap water, I am not using a catalyst. I have not had a chance to check my output in lpm yet. O, and mine is a wet cell, it is my first hho build so I thought I would keep it simple, and I made an acrylic container for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroJ View Post
    looks good, I have built a 120v hho generator and it works pretty well. I used 12" x 4" plates and I used 12 of them in series. So each plate has about 13v because rectified 120v ac comes to about 160v dc. It draws about 6A with just tap water, I am not using a catalyst. I have not had a chance to check my output in lpm yet. O, and mine is a wet cell, it is my first hho build so I thought I would keep it simple, and I made an acrylic container for it as well.
    Hi HydroJ

You don't use a capacitor ?

What you are using to cool the bridge rectifier ?

Regards
    Remi
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

Yes I have a filtering capacitor installed after the rectifier. I currently dont have any heatsink or cooling device mounted to my bridge rectifier, which after 30 mins is very hot! But you should use a heatsink, I dont expect the bridge rectifier would last very long without it. I am currently in the experimental stage and dont run my cell for very long.

Hi everybody

Here is the real configuration of my generator.

reactor
    56 mediablasted plates 6" * 8", 1/8" gasket, holes insulated with Weld-On

Electricity
    120vac --> 20A fuse/braker --> bridge rectifier 35A 600v (167 vdc) --> capacitor 2200uf 400vdc --> HHO Generator

I have a problem controlling amperage. ?

I started with a rate of 10% NaOH and it was too much. The amperage climbed more than 20 amps and the breaker triggered

I declined at a rate of 5% NaOH and no change

I then used water without NaOH and I have the same problem

Regardless of the rate of NaOH, amperage increase (> 20 amps) and the circuit breaker trips

Is there a special way to clean the generator when the want to reduce the rate of electrolyte?

Thank in advance

Here is a small video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM2C...e_gdata_player
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

You will need to pump distilled water through the the reactor a few times using fresh water each time. You will not need more than 1% to 2% NaOH. Also you need a bigger reservoir for that big of a reactor possibly. What temperature is it at when the circuit breaker trips? I run less than 2% NaOH in my large reactors and use 3 gallons of electrolyte.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quebecker,
    The 120VAC is RMS voltage, with rectification to DC it has jumped up to 167VDC... My friend, you simply need 28 more plates and you will stop blowing fuses, c'est exact, oui?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]