Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tube + coil = more hho than plates

tube + coil = more hho than plates

ive been screwing around with designs and ideas for a while now and built 2 hho generators, one with 6 plates and one with a tube and coil. at 12v 2amp the tube + coil was produceing alot more hho than my 6 plate design with practicaly zero heat after 5 minutes. both are "wet type" generators. also, the 6 plate one i made is twice the size.... im thinking SS tube + coils are the way to go for efficent hho production. i cant help but to feel like that hhofreak guy was right about plates being wrong, its just too much bulk with not enough production. if we are trying to build an electro magnetic field, a wire wrapped around a tube (or rod mabey?) just seems like the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotawarrior View Post
    ive been screwing around with designs and ideas for a while now and built 2 hho generators, one with 6 plates and one with a tube and coil. at 12v 2amp the tube + coil was produceing alot more hho than my 6 plate design with practicaly zero heat after 5 minutes. both are "wet type" generators. also, the 6 plate one i made is twice the size.... im thinking SS tube + coils are the way to go for efficent hho production. i cant help but to feel like that hhofreak guy was right about plates being wrong, its just too much bulk with not enough production. if we are trying to build an electro magnetic field, a wire wrapped around a tube (or rod mabey?) just seems like the right direction.
    Please post pictures and/or diagrams of your generator, so we can comment.

SOME of what you're saying is interesting, but we may not be on the same page.

ill post some pictures tonight, but its nowhere near as productive as it "could" be. it was more or less just a small test generator that i threw together in a few hours. its just one 1"OD x 1/8 wall x 4" long tube of ss and one 1/8 ss welding rod spiraled around it with some plastic pieces spaceing the coil out from the tube. im planning on building another one with 4 of these coils in the same "bath" and designing it a little better. i might buy a cheap ignition coil/box(or get one from a junk yard) and test out the high voltage theory too. i doubt im trying anything new here, just testing stuff out for myself.

OK, I'm going to speculate here but I'm guessing the reason it seems to be putting out a lot more gas is because you are running 12v between the + and -. Put 12v to two plates and you will see what appears to be tons of HHO pouring off. I would be curious to see how hot it gets after let's say 1 hour. I would also be curious to see a MMW test.

ok, its really basic but heres my coil/tube set up. its small, but produces a decent ammount of hho at 12v 2amp on a battery charger. seems like virtualy no difference when switching to 6amp though. since its less than half the size of my plate setup and still produces practicaly the same ammount i want to try multiple coils or mabey a larger/longer coil/tube setup with some pvc tubeing instead of a small mason jar. im not sure about the image size, it seems pretty restricting. this is a pic of the moment i fire it up. after a few seconds it gets too cloudy to see the coil. why am i only allowed to upload a 97kb picture??? thats retarded....

Koya beat me to it!
    You said that you basically created two wet cells, right? You should try out a dry cell if you really want to measure production though.
    Don't get me wrong, since you do not need a whole lot of HHO for a small engine (1/4 your CC rating actually). Just do the bottle test, as mentioned, and you will see. I still have my old wet cells laying around the place, but I don't use them because of the heat that they generate, while using so much power. The dry cell's efficiency is greater. Also, you'll want to run that in a car, at 14v, for an hour to really see what's happening.
    If you can find a way to keep the temp. low, under normal, car circumstances, they you'll really be onto something.

i was just compareing the ammount of bubbles comeing out of the bubbler not the cloud. i dont actualy have any real way of measureing output. a dry cell isnt really an option for me since i dont want to blow hundreds of dollars on a pre-made kit, everything ive built was from scrap SS i got from work and stuff i had kicking around the house. basicaly in terms of work and weight, the coil/tube is way easyer to make and produces more hho "bubbles" than my plate design. its just my personal observations, mabey my plates are too thick, or not spaced properly, either way i am gona experiment with coils and tubeing for a bit untill i get the output i want. oh i also compared how fast it would fill a balloon, and the coil design filled it faster....

ok so i gave my coil setup a good run today and after an hour of hho production it got "warm" with 12v 2amps. not sure how hot they are suppost to get but it didnt seem all that bad. mabey if i made 3 or 4 of these little units and connected them all together i might have a decent ammount of hho production with very little amps used. its only a 4x6" mason jar and i have a bunch of them kicking around the house.

NO MASON JARS, OR ANYTHING ELSE MADE OF GLASS!

im assuming your saying that because they might explode from the pressure? they probly help dissipate heat though, and mason jars are pretty tough. i always wear safety glasses when around them