Thread: A Question about oxygen sensors on cars & HHO

Question A Question about oxygen sensors on cars & HHO

I have been thinking, when you add hho into the intake going to your engine the hho will displace the air, right? So why would the oxygen sensor see an increase in oxygen? And when hho explodes it turns back into water, so again how will the oxygen sensor detect more oxygen in the exhaust? The hho is oxygen and hydrogen mixed which is ready to support combustion right from the hho cell. So when you introduce it to your intake on an engine why would the sensor see an increase in oxygen?

Not all of the oxygen is getting used in the process. The air fuel ratio is knocked off. There for when the oxygen sensor see's more oxygen it will throw a lean code making the engine think theres not enough fuel so it will add more. I know on a grand cherokee you can cross the o2 wires and it will put out the standard readys bypassing it all together. Not sure about other cars.

Theres a few sensors that control the air fuel mixture.

tps, map, air temp, o2, and coolant temp. I may have missed one but you get the just of it. You could put a resistor on the coolant temp so you wont use that extra fuel on cold start.

Not all of the oxygen is getting used in the process.
    If this is true, then there must be some unburnt H also. Are you saying that all the add HHO does not get burnt up? You need to explain this a little more. Now if all the added H gets burnt up then the added O has to get burnt up too. So now were does the extra O come from?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

ok this is a hho gasoline mix. Gasoline as a liquid is not flammable only the fumes are. injectors spray a fine mist in the engine so that the gasoline is more like a vapor. Now even without the hho the gasoline still makes its way as liquid to the catalytic converter where the rest will get burnt up. The gasoline engine itself is inefficient. This is where turbochargers come in. They help burn up more fuel by adding a crap load of cool air going down the intake. Lets take a house fire for instance. Say the house is going a blaze and is all sealed up. You break out a window and the flames go crazy. Same effect with a turbocharger. As I am aware thats not all that goes into turboing a car but Im saying it in a way everyone will understand. So even without the hho theres already tons of oxygen escaping. Throw the egr in there. That hurts detonation too. Gasoline and oxygen makes it the cat but even after that theres still more oxygen left . But its all been calculated by the map sensor the map knows how much airs going down. When it see's so much extra oxygen it will throw a code.

So lets goto hho mix with gasoline. Ok hydrogen is a awesome fuel already a gas and quick and easy to go boom. Odds are the hydrogen is burning great and nothing left over. But lets say one has a faster detonation velocity then the other. Your burning lil gasoline but the explosion of your hydrogen is stronger then that of your gasoline. Could be possible that your gasoline isnt being able to burn completely on top of not beinf burnt completely before leaving all of that oxygen unused and heading down your exhaust.

heres a nice test start your car then pull the fuse to the fuel pump and see if your car will just run on hho lol. I dont see why it would require a lot of hho to run an engine since its a lot more powerful the gasoline.

Theres a lot of factors to consider with 2 different fuels.
    Who knows maybe the hho isnt getting burned that much.

I suggest making a bench to measure both explosions. Seening how much of what is left over. Capture the gases from your exhaust and find a why to idenify them. I think theres more going on here then meets the eye. Im sorry but blindly sticking a hose of hho down your intake will probably not increase your mpg. I think your saving more just from that lil eif tricking your ecu. Then the hho mixture. there hasnt been much done for these test to be proven.

Theres plenty of ways that your not gonna burn all of your fuel

hmm I gave myself a lot to consider without knowing it....I think I'ma buy a car and put the engine and pcm on a engine stand for testing. So much to do not enough money =(

Could also be from the hydrogen turning back into water then turning into steam and what is steam turn into oxygen o.o?

Someone needs to run some test for me since I'm not setup yet lol.