Thread: Anyone heating a building with hho?

Anyone heating a building with hho?

So I've been feeling the hit of propane prices this winter, as it is currently at $4.90/gal compared to $2.30/gal last time I filled up. Makes me wonder if it would be possible to heat a building with hho?

The building I have in mind is my pole barn. It's 28' x 40' x 12', so it's not a huge pole barn, but more like a big garage. It is insulated well with spray foam, but it gets cold here in Minnesota. Do you guys think hho could maintain 65-70F temps in there? I could always use the furnace to get it up to temp and then run hho heat to maintain the temp, but I just don't know how much hho would be required?

Also, I can't envision how I could do this without separating the hydrogen from the oxygen. I can only imagine that the flame of hho gas would travel back through the system and blow the reservoir or something else.

Can an hho system maintain a lit flame safely? Or do you have to separate the gasses and use just the hydrogen to be safe?

I don't have idea for heating building with hho. but I've try to melt metal with Hydrogen & Oxygen using ordinary welding torch. as far as I know hydrogen flame is sharp, fast and very high temperature over 2000'C. hotter than butane.

I tried successfully turn on the flame without backflash or explosion. I did it by separating hydrogen from oxygen into 2 separate chambers. you can see how I did it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf8h6_JzqVk

if you want to do it without separating H from O, you must do it with high pressure, so the HO gas exit from system is faster than the fire that wants to enter the system. the other thing is use backflash arrestor as fire nozzle. hopefully there is no explosion.