Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why dont I hear of people using this?!

FYI - You can control just about any PWM motor speed controller safely using Arduino with optoisolated safety - I have achieved this. The Arduino can read from an auxiliary 1 bar MAP sensor and respond accordingly with its own PWM signal to the mosfet on the motor speed controller using a pretty simple algorithm. This way it is easy to turn the system off at idle and the ramp up on acceleration to some pre-defined ceiling.

Doubtful you will ever be able to efficiently make enough HHO to keep up at full throttle even with batteries filling the trunk. At a certain point, weight will become a huge issue. There is a cutoff point in the load range of every automotive ICE where energy demand is far to high to be feasible which is why many people believe they have been cheated and the whole thing is a scam and everyone associated with this tech is a liar. You simply cannot floor it all day and expect a system like we build (which requires more energy in than you get out) to ever do more than waste gas.

Driving style affects the amount of air and fuel necessary to get from A to B. Drive conservatively and get good MPG. Drive conservatively with an efficient, properly conditioned and installed system that has been debugged for your specific vehicle and potentially get better MPG. Drive like racecar driver and get worse MPG. This isn't NO2!
    Stevo, you are right about full throttle. Fortunately most of us do not drive at full throttle for very long. Most people have been cheated because of a number of reasons. This is much more complicated than most think. The fact is still you need to keep the ratio of HHO to fuel/air at the optimum through all demand for your driving. If you are a racier you are not looking to get good mileage. LOL With the right quality of HHO the volume is lower than one thinks. I have found for the heavy footed drivers water injection is mandatory and advancing the timing instead of retarding it is possible with the water injection. Still the right amount of HHO at the right time is necessary. There are many methods to achieve this balance. I have found using the MAP of MAF signal can be a problem on some vehicles because either the driver or the signal is bouncing all over the place. This is only in some cases. This upsets the ratio/volume of HHO, resulting in poor results.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I think I am understanding this now. I was trying to use hho as a fuel saver and hp booster, which is not really the purpose of hho. So you use the hho to supplement the gasoline and get better fuel economy, which does boost hp a little bit, but I was trying to give more hho to the engine to get more hp.

Just remember it takes HP to make HHO. IT is a fine line that makes this all work.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Just remember it takes HP to make HHO. IT is a fine line that makes this all work.
    Right, but if you take hp out of the equation for making hho, and you use a sepperate battery to make the hho, is there still a limit of how much hho you put in your engine? I guess if you puenough then you will have to mess with the ignition timing.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroJ View Post
    I have thought of something that I am wondering why I have not heard of anyone using this?
    Why not use a sepperate battery to mount in your vehicle to power your hho cell? Then you would not be using your engine to power your hho cell and therefore you can use more hho without using more fuel to produce it. Then you just charge the battery up when you get home.
    it will be better producing the gas in home. store the gas in tank, use it in car. Note : do not store HHO mixed gas, store hydrogen & oxygen separately