Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why dont I hear of people using this?!

Everyone must remember it is a ratio of fuel/air/HHO to demand of the engine that gives the good results. This ratio must stay the same as the demand of the engine changes. With just a constant flow of HHO you only get gains in one small range of demand. If this is not where you drive the most your results will be poor.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

right, so you need to have a pwm or something of that sort linked with your throttle. I have been thinking though, is there a delay in gas production, like say I am driving along at 20mph then I punch the gas to accelerate quickly, would the hho be able to produce the quick burst fast enough to benefit my accellerating?

would the hho be able to produce the quick burst fast enough to benefit my accellerating?
    Not in any of the systems that are available in the market today to my knowledge. There is only a small amount of HHO in the reservoir, bubbler/filters and lines so it takes a little bit of time to do the job perfectly under quick accleration. The lag time is not as big a problem as you think, and many are working on making it better. When done right it is not noticeable. The vehicle still accelerates as good as it ever did and in most cases a little better.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

I was thinking of using an empty container of some kind so that you would have a reserve of hho gas for such situations. but first of all it would take up a lot of space and 2. Its like a bomb if it explodes!

hho storage

i keep wondering how to store a small amount of hho safely for quick acceleration boosts. i know acetylene is pretty unstable at high pressure so they use a special foam filled tank with acetone to stabilize it. i wonder if hho would also be stable at higher psi with a small acetylene tank? some people claim hho can be pressurised alot http://forum.beawindhog.com/cgi-bin/...?m-1218081580/

You do not need a reservoir of HHO. Just forget trying that. You all know why!! You are making something out of something you have not tried. Try it and you will find the lag is in most cases not noticeable. When done right with no reservoir of HHO there is no lag that anyone can feel. Please do not do something stupid and possibly hurt yourself or someone else. Use all the safety equipment that has been discussed on this and other HHO forums.

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    You do not need a reservoir of HHO. Just forget trying that. You all know why!! You are making something out of something you have not tried. Try it and you will find the lag is in most cases not noticeable. When done right with no reservoir of HHO there is no lag that anyone can feel. Please do not do something stupid and possibly hurt yourself or someone else. Use all the safety equipment that has been discussed on this and other HHO forums.
    Thank you myoldyourgold, you are right. First of all I have not even tried an hho setup in a vehicle and so I don't know if there is any lag, it just seems like there would be. And yes I know why I should not attempt a reservoir of hho.

Thank you myoldyourgold, you are right. First of all I have not even tried an hho setup in a vehicle and so I don't know if there is any lag, it just seems like there would be. And yes I know why I should not attempt a reservoir of hho.
    You are welcome HydroJ, you are also right in thinking there is a lag but the lag does not affect the vehicles performance enough that one can feel it when done right. Nothing like a hesitation due to some other problem. The very short lag results in a very small loss of fuel economy that you could have had with out any lag. It is so small that it would be hard to even measure but still there.

I was thinking about this too, and then using a solar panel to recharge the second battery.

FYI - You can control just about any PWM motor speed controller safely using Arduino with optoisolated safety - I have achieved this. The Arduino can read from an auxiliary 1 bar MAP sensor and respond accordingly with its own PWM signal to the mosfet on the motor speed controller using a pretty simple algorithm. This way it is easy to turn the system off at idle and the ramp up on acceleration to some pre-defined ceiling.

Doubtful you will ever be able to efficiently make enough HHO to keep up at full throttle even with batteries filling the trunk. At a certain point, weight will become a huge issue. There is a cutoff point in the load range of every automotive ICE where energy demand is far to high to be feasible which is why many people believe they have been cheated and the whole thing is a scam and everyone associated with this tech is a liar. You simply cannot floor it all day and expect a system like we build (which requires more energy in than you get out) to ever do more than waste gas.

Driving style affects the amount of air and fuel necessary to get from A to B. Drive conservatively and get good MPG. Drive conservatively with an efficient, properly conditioned and installed system that has been debugged for your specific vehicle and potentially get better MPG. Drive like racecar driver and get worse MPG. This isn't NO2!