Hi I'm mike, I've been investigating about HHO a little more than 2 years, well, only on vacations (I am studying Engineering in mechatronics), I built a wet cell and made some experiments with it. After that, I built a dry cell (almost 100 plates 6" x 4", two stakes) . I built it with a very poor knowledge about the matter, I thought that the biggest cell = more gas = the better for my engine. Also I didn't knew anything about how to hook the cell (how many neutrals and what voltage). Well I think I spent a lot of money, although I learn a lot of things from my experiments, I could have saved a lot of money if I would have read more from this forum.

Now I want to build a new dry, but now I think I have read enough and have the knowledge to do it . I still have some doubts and I was wondering If you could help me find the answer.

This is what I know (I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am)

1. HHO helps to have more MPG. I'm not sure why but I've read that HHO makes the gasoline will burn with a higher efficiency.
  2. Every engine needs a specific amount of HHO to reach the highest possible gains in MPG
  3. I have to make my cell the efficient as possible.
  4. Efficiency is measured in MMW (milliliters per minute per watt) but the maximum MMW possible may vary due to the temperature and pressure of the HHO.

These are my doubts:

1. Which electrolyte is better, NaOH or KOH?
  2. I read that the best materials for the electrodes were SS 316L or nickel, I know that nickel is more expensive, but it worth it ?
  3. In my previous dry cell I crossed hatched my plates, but I want the most efficient dry cell, should I get them sandblasted, or it isn't necessary?
  4. Theoretically the minimum voltage to start electrolysis is 1.23 V, but this is ideal, so I was wondering if the distance between the electrodes may affect this, the closer they are the less voltage is needed, so better efficiency. But there is also the matter of circulation of the electrolyte and the gas, so what distance would you recommend?
  5. From where comes the rule of the amps/in^2 ?
  6. Which materrial for the gaskets is best, EPDM, HDPE or other?
  7. I've read some ideas to increase MMW but I haven't found someone who has test it, have you?

Well thanks for your help, I hope I am not a nuisance but I want to make the less possible mistakes, I don't want to spend more money than the necessary Thanks!