Thread: HHO throttle regulation

HHO throttle regulation

how can i get full throttle regulation on an engine running 100% hho? would it be better to regulate the amps for the generator, or have some kind of propane demand regulator setup minus the air/fuel mixer? has anyone here got a small engine running with full throttle regulation? with a propane setup i would think a small tank to hold some hho would be needed to maintain a working pressure for the regulator. i have read that hho can be compressed a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotawarrior View Post
    how can i get full throttle regulation on an engine running 100% hho? would it be better to regulate the amps for the generator, or have some kind of propane demand regulator setup minus the air/fuel mixer? has anyone here got a small engine running with full throttle regulation? with a propane setup i would think a small tank to hold some hho would be needed to maintain a working pressure for the regulator. i have read that hho can be compressed a bit.
    Erm theres a lot more to run into when it comes to running a car on hho. What car are you wanting to run it on. I'm a mechanic of 7 years maybe I can be of some help. I would say the best way to get a car to run on hho would be that you need to drop the oxygen and just use the hh. But you would have to do a lot of trial and error to really tune this right and it wont be cheap. There is a whole list of problems you would have to solve.

1. Since your producing hho and not just hydrogen you would need to find a way of controlling the throttle.

Lets use the gasoline engine for example.
    The throttle body (or butterfly valve) is what restricts air from flowing into the engine cylinders, more air = bigger boom. Same theory you would use putting out a candle, light it and put a cup over it. No oxygen no fire. The problem is that your feeding hho and not just hh. Your sending oxygen in with your hh. This will effect your air/fuel ratio a lot. For gasoline the ratio is 14/1. And most engine only will use 80% of the air in the cylinder leaving 20% of the oxygen laying around. This is to save fuel and keep emissions low. You could actually gain some power in a gas engine by stepping up your injectors a size but back to the main subject. Its said that hydrogen is a lot more powerful then gasoline so I cant tell you how much hydrogen you should be adding to the cylinder and I dont know how big your engine even is.
    Dividing your production can help in a few ways when it comes to applying your fuel cell to an engine.

a. you wont mess with your oxygen sensor "O2 sensor" (probably lol)
    b. you wont have flashback in your line because theres no oxygen feeding the hydrogen burn back to your bubbler.
    c. you gain a little more control on the throttle.

2. You'll need to feed your hh to the injectors. Through the old fuel line.
    Injectors will work on just air and you dont need much pressure.

Pros and cons of doing this.

Pros: more efficient, use the hh when you need it, You wont stall
    is a flash back would happen.

Cons: you'll probably have to make new fuel maps which you would do anyway to tune your engine right running on hydrogen

3. As you noticed it doesnt take much oxygen for hydrogen to explode. This is why the flashback is even possible. An engine sucks in a lot of oxygen....a smooth running one anyways lol. Odds are you'll have way more then enough oxygen for the right burn possibly too much. Could make your rpms run really high. Hydrogen will create a lot of power. To get more control I would open my egr wide open. So that the ambient air could flow in with oxygen and lessen the supply of oxygen in your cylinder.

4. Remove your catalytic converter because after the switch to hh you wont need it. Muffler can go too. because it does restrict flow. You will want a really free flowing engine in order to make sure you dont leave behind unburned hh. If you did it could cause a flashback (possibly) And as you noticed in other videos or possibly your own experiement when the flash back happens you will stall. because you also lose your flow of hh.

This is all just in theory I havent had the time to build a hydrogen car but I'm sure I'll be posting it on these forums if I get around to it. I'm still designing things also.

Hope I have helped any questions just ask. If i made and error in my theory let me know.

thanks for the reply akito, i was starting to think this forum was dead. i gave up on the idea of powering a full size vehicle a while ago, im thinking smaller engines around 50-150cc. i wont be dealing with injectors or sensors, just pure hho into the intake manifold with some kind of pressure/flow regulation to control the rpms. i am building a new hho generator right now that should supply more than enough hho to keep it running and i bought a 30 amp pwm with the hopes of regulateing the throttle that way. i guess i will find out in the next few weeks.

The problem with a carb is that your not putting the fuel where its needed Instead its traveling down a tube where a flashback is very much possible. If flash back would occur the engine could cut out. Its already been proven that it is indeed possible to run a small engine on hho. Hell its even possible to run a big engine without modifications to the computer. You'll just be throwing a lot of engine codes and will need to remove the o2 sensors so they dont cause any trouble I would also try this on an engine with a distributor not a coil pack and knock sensor design.

Think of a acetylene torch the gases are divided until they reach there area of use. If it was running through the same tube....yeahhhh big boom if a flash back happened lol.

I will check the forums everyday. If you'd like help with getting a car to run on hh then let me know. I'm a mechanic and know a fair amount on engine performance.

I have just got all my parts in, except the pwm still waiting on it. I'll be building mine hopefully today. And I'm using the dry cell design as it is better for car installation in my opinion.