Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Retrofit PWM to Throttle

More progress..

I've got a rev 1 PCB designed now and am working on the case. This will be a pretty darn rigid one and I made sure to include some pretty large wire pads (up to 10 AWG) and did a partial override to the thermal reliefs on the source and drain traces in order to achieve less resistance. Boards should be here soon and I will go over details.

Here is the main thread I am starting over at HODInfo:

http://hodinfo.com/forum/topics/smar...bd-ii-vehicles

I completed the bench test against the reactor @12A. Unit ran at room temperature and very smoothly at 173Hz from 0-100% duty cycle. I need to finish my stainless bubbler then it's install time.

pwm to throttle

Good work guys you've helped me no end as it was a problem i have as i know i need some way of controling hho input over the rev range as not to over lean mixture i know i have to use evoscan to tune fuel maps but could not see how i could contol hho but will be intrested in seeing how this pans out
    stevo would you be willing to build one of these of others namely me lol ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vr4-NIGEL View Post
    would you be willing to build one of these of others namely me lol ?
    I will be posting this as a kit some time within the next 8 - 12 weeks (depending on my work schedule). The current model is getting a big upgrade with current sensing and ability to handle 60A without getting any larger. Stay tuned..

Cool will keep an eye on here then i think what you have done will help me control the hho that my engine receives at anytime giving me more peace of mind

Should also help provide better average results as running a reactor at 10 or more amp draw at idle (when there is little or no load on the engine) is not going to save you anything.

Added a current carrier for detecting amp draw, wrote a simple test to limit current to 12.5 amps and threw in a cheap Radioshack project box.

http://hodinfo.com/forum/topics/smar...ource=activity

I found some time to get this completed (minus the display). I have successfully retrofitted the PWM to the throttle signal plus mapped RPM and engine load. Lots of other things I could map it to as well. The best thing about this setup is it turns off 100% reliably at a stop while idling. I'm in the middle of a mileage tainted tank right now (lots of idling with the system on for different tests), but will begin with an ECU reset and full tank of gas. I expect 20-30% range increase while commuting similar to what I realized in my previous car of the same earlier model.

Sorry about linking to the thread instead of posting here. This site doesn't provide the writing features I need yet.

http://hodinfo.com/forum/topics/smar...mment%3A138987

Sorry about linking to the thread instead of posting here. This site doesn't provide the writing features I need yet.
    So, I'm just going to port the blog entry over to this account to help spread the idea/word. Here is the link on these forums: http://www.hhoforums.com/entry.php?4...Controlled-PWM