Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retrofit PWM to Throttle

My original thought was the reaction time to produce HHO. But the system would be for cruising where the throttle doesnt vary greatly.

What about a butterfly valve with a storage container that opens in direct relation to the throttle. There would be a reservoir the HHO would go into that would store excess gas that is ready to be sucked into the engine. That way you dont have to worry about the on-demand need as the HHO would already be produced ahead of time.

Of course storing the HHO would be dangerous but if left at a low pressure it would be fine.

So you have the HHO produced in intervals by the cell and contained. You would have to figure out how much HHO is being used based on how much the engine is taking in and create a formula used so that the system knows when to produce more HHO at what amperage.

But Im making it complicated... Could work though.

i cam with a simple idea
    using pressostato, it´s a valve that activate/deactivate one electric contact with air pressure.
    you put a T in the gas output and the car vacuum activate/desativate the generator.
    can´t be more simple

That is a great idea. Simple, I like it. But that doesnt give the spectrum of amps to HHO production needed, just on and off. Which is why I stuck with the PWM retrofit to something.

Updates

Got my OBD-II to Arduino setup working as desired with proper prototype shield, custom box, 3.3v OLED mounted in a cheap gauge pod and proper Molex connectors to sum it up. I have easy access to most all OBD-II PIDs including throttle position (which I have considered).

I have been considering taking a normalized average of these PIDs to determine the final signal duty cycle to the motor module:

1. Throttle position
    2. Air Pressure
    3. Calculated Engine load

I think I might still give throttle position approximately 50% overall influence in order to better handle city driving, but I might need to factor in things like vehicle speed and RPM in order to ensure optimal system output on the highway.

I still need to complete the custom motor module box design and print it as well as find a decent ammeter if the cheap Chinese motor module doesn't properly report amp draw. We shall see.. more to come..

Sounding better and better Stevo! Will follow it closely.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Lightbulb Prototype

This is my latest power mosfet prototype. What this box does is simply control the current to the drain (in this case it's the reactor) based on a microcontroller 5V PWM signal. Since a microcontroller can listen to the car's computer via standard OBD-II interface, it can respond to various sensor readings such as throttle position by adjusting the duty cycle of the signal and thus controlling the current supplied. One thing I really like about this design is that it provides a high level of modularity and this device can be used in just about any application where power needs to be controlled variably via PWM signal. So you could use one of these to drive a water injection system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    This is my latest power mosfet prototype. What this box does is simply control the current to the drain (in this case it's the reactor) based on a microcontroller 5V PWM signal. Since a microcontroller can listen to the car's computer via standard OBD-II interface, it can respond to various sensor readings such as throttle position by adjusting the duty cycle of the signal and thus controlling the current supplied. One thing I really like about this design is that it provides a high level of modularity and this device can be used in just about any application where power needs to be controlled variably via PWM signal. So you could use one of these to drive a water injection system as well.

Good Joob Stevo

I think you're on the right track !!!
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

So that basically alters the amperage to the cell based on the data?

Can I see the electrical schematics for it or is this a patent pending product?

It's an N-channel MOSFET box that includes the voltage regulator for the gates. Pretty simple really. The difficulty is putting it all together in such a small form factor. This one is good for 25A continuous current. Change the fan out and you can go 24V if you wanted to.

The micro controller is a separate unit. I guess my original wording makes it sound like the mc is included. Oops.

Google: "Arduino N-channel MOSFET"

Ok. Thanks.