Thread: Retrofit PWM to Throttle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Retrofit PWM to Throttle

Im not sure if I touched on this before. While I'm rather inactive with my HHO project I'm still wondering about this subject. Has anyone been able to rig a pwm to the throttle body that way HHO is only produced in direct correlation to the amount of air flowing into the engine?
    Granted the production would not be as fast to respond as the engines air intake but when cruising with a relatively slow change in throttle position this could prove beneficial as to not waste HHO and to provide the ideal amount. Any thoughts?

Yep, better yet it is MAP sensor based (0||5v). I will post details in a new thread once I get the time to complete the install. Not enough hobby time lately

So you would reroute the map sensor signal wire to the PWM to cause the amps to the cell to increase or decrease with the voltage of the MAP sensor readings?
    That is an interesting approach.

My idea is more mechanical I suppose. And then HHO would not be wasted when the throttle is closed and you are still moving in gear. itd be a simple retrofit to the throttle body. or for a signal based like the map sensor, fitting it to the TPS signal wire.

Stevo, I have found on some vehicles the MAP signal changes very quickly almost erratically depending on both the vehicle and the driver. So much so, that the reactor can not react that fast and in one case was on seemingly most of the time except with large changes over extended periods of time and in another was off for long periods of time. I also found that in some cases it worked somewhat satisfactory but still not as good as I wanted. To make things more difficult the vehicles were commercial vehicles that had very little down time so had to do most of the testing while they were working, which was good for some testing but not for others. I am still working on a solution. I first thought it was a faulty MAP and changed it out but that made no difference on all the vehicles that were having a problem. The other problem is that there is a number of vehicles that use a frequency signal instead of a 0-5 volt signal. I am sure there is a solution and will find it soon because I am going to have some good equipment to test on here shortly and some expert hands on help to speed things up.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

So if there are issues with doing it electrically, why not mechanically?
    It wouldnt work with diesel engines, but gas engines I see no problems during highway driving.

There are issues doing it no matter how you do it. They are all solvable though just takes time and money. LOL The problem is the delivery of on demand HHO is not as controlled as the delivery of fuel and air. Because of the difficulty to maintain the ratio of air/fuel/HHO over a wide range of engine demand, there is going to be problems, trade offs and plenty of room for improvement. Using the MAP/MAF is one of the methods that is used by the current fuel systems and is very accurate. I am sure a solution will be forth coming to control the HHO using the MAP/MAF and other sensors.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .