Thread: inlet/outlet placing

inlet/outlet placing

i noticed some ppl place the water inlet on the bottom of there cell. I was wondering whats the best place for the inlet and outlet of the fuel cell. For the best flow in the cell.

Your inlet should be at least 1" above the gasket edge.

The outlet should be as close to the gasket edge as possible. also note the outlet holes(s) should be larger than the inlet hole.

It is also better have a rectangular design than a square design.

yeah i figured that. Why do some place the holes on the bottom?

And I havent started drilling yet. Im doing a small 6 plate 6 by 9 cell 5 by 8 after gaskets 1 inch thick end plates. Will be adding more plates later on. Doing 3 plate per cell one +, neutral, -
    then seperating them with 1/4 thick plexi. Also not gather oxy hydrogen but gathering them seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Akito View Post
    yeah i figured that. Why do some place the holes on the bottom?

And I havent started drilling yet. Im doing a small 6 plate 6 by 9 cell 5 by 8 after gaskets 1 inch thick end plates. Will be adding more plates later on. Doing 3 plate per cell one +, neutral, -
    then seperating them with 1/4 thick plexi. Also not gather oxy hydrogen but gathering them seperately.
    I wouldn't suggest having fewer than 5 neutrals per stack in your setup in order to keep the voltage around 2.25v per plate gap. too much voltage will create more steam than hho. Even if you have to wait for more plates to come in it is worth the headache to do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    I wouldn't suggest having fewer than 5 neutrals per stack in your setup in order to keep the voltage around 2.25v per plate gap. too much voltage will create more steam than hho. Even if you have to wait for more plates to come in it is worth the headache to do it right the first time.
    heat wont be a factor for me. Ill be using a small heater core from a car to keep the cell cool. If heat remains a problem, Im sure I can construct a new design to deal with it. I plan on running a high voltage setup in the future.

If you need a cooling devise your reactor is inefficient. A cool running reactor is using a larger % of the energy to make HHO with very little wasted in heat. There should be no use for a cooling system when the reactor is built right. This is why 6 or 7 neutrals are used. 5 neutrals works if the voltage is limited to 12 volts or less, but not 13.8 volts or more. In a vehicle when wired properly the reactor will have a full 13.8 volts or in a 6 neutral bipolar reactor 2.3 volts per cell. This works very well in most cases. There is a place for the 7 cell setup especially if there is 14.2 volts or more at the reactor and long running time. You will be surprised how much difference .2 to .4 volts makes in how many amps a reactor will draw and the heat generated.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I am going from some of stanley meyers work not todays version. Im gonna be doing high voltage low amps and something new. This is the beginning of my experiments. I dont want to have to use a electrolyte. I will be doing this version vs stanley vs my designs.

I am going from some of stanley meyers work not todays version. Im gonna be doing high voltage low amps and something new. This is the beginning of my experiments. I dont want to have to use a electrolyte. I will be doing this version vs stanley vs my designs.
    I wish you good luck. One still has to remember that the process of true electrolysis has very little difference between high voltage low amps or low voltage high amps. It takes about .202 watts to make 1 ML of HHO roughly speaking according to Faraday. That is 100% Faraday which most can not come close too. You must remember this is moisture free HHO!!! To do better than that would only be possible by using some other energy from a source other than current that you can measure. Now if you look at a cylinder/tube reactor you have unequal sizes of anode and cathode. Not being equal is a problem but I have seen some of them look like they perform as well. Without a gas spectrometer and removing all the moisture it is very hard to tell for sure. Many have tied to do what you propose and none to my knowledge have come even close when put to a good unbiased test. The largest portion of most HHO is moisture. I am not saying it is impossible though, but???
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    I wish you good luck. One still has to remember that the process of true electrolysis has very little difference between high voltage low amps or low voltage high amps. It takes about .202 watts to make 1 ML of HHO roughly speaking according to Faraday. That is 100% Faraday which most can not come close too. You must remember this is moisture free HHO!!! To do better than that would only be possible by using some other energy from a source other than current that you can measure. Now if you look at a cylinder/tube reactor you have unequal sizes of anode and cathode. Not being equal is a problem but I have seen some of them look like they perform as well. Without a gas spectrometer and removing all the moisture it is very hard to tell for sure. Many have tied to do what you propose and none to my knowledge have come even close when put to a good unbiased test. The largest portion of most HHO is moisture. I am not saying it is impossible though, but???
    One thing I should share it that, we need not try to make this process difficult than it is. It is already been established the amount of "bi-polar" plate versus the current draw between plates. Myold dead on here, if your reactor is constructed from all the data we've posted in here. You can run the system in 100 degree plus temp and not worry about a PWM or a thermal runaway. I am hopeful that all your theory are based on what data you've collected from here. If not I recommend and look into that, because it has been discuss in plenty post about current draw to the amount of spacing, bi-polar and the power being supplied. I've been using the 5 bi-polar design for sometime now, they running brute force (no PWM). During the hot temp you monitor the solution and during the winter no problem.

Take some time to approach this in a simplistic manner and you"ll yeild the gain.

Ive looked over stanleys designs and they all seem possible. And still able to run on a 12 volt supply without drawing so much power from the altenator. The amps I see guys drawing is insane. The altenator becomes harder to turn as you draw more and more amps. I see that some do have success in there gas milage but Im looking to make a 100% HHO car with a nice amount of horse power. Im building a ecu from scratch and also a module to handle and monitor for the fuel cell. I'd like a team in hopes that Things could get more advanced then what we have. I have a new fuel cell but havent got around to building it since I am still building one of these dry cells for testing and experiments. Ill be doing pwm at high voltage. Direct current. pwm high amps. direct current high amps low volts and more. And still remain using that 12 volt supply.

I see the same thing from everyone. Some a little better then others. But I think its time to put to rest a lot of unanswered question. I hope for great success from all my experiments. Ill be recording as much data as possible from all of them. Videos to come soon on my progress work and building of my cell.