+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Cell. Need Help

1. Default First Cell. Need Help

I have been reading up on these cells on and off for a few years now. Always wanted to make one just never had time. I am between jobs and decided to give it a try and make a cheap wet cell. Wanted to make a dry cell but can't find any stainless plate and just want to do it cheap first to play around with the concept. I went with the design that uses the stainless switchcovers. I have it set up + NNNNN - and I am not getting ANY production AT ALL connecting it to a 12V car battery. I used a nylon bolt with rubber spacers to hold it all together, submerged in distilled water. I am stumped (and new lol), what could possibly be my problem? I know its something simple. Thanks.

2. Default electrolyte?

Are you using any electrolyte or just water?

3. Default

Just the distilled water. I was under the impression that it should still produce with just water, but when you add electrolyte it becomes more efficient.

4. Default

Got the cell working. Added some baking soda and got my bubbles. Not a ton but I am getting production and thats a start. Thanks.

At some stages i would say that this sort of problem occurs and the same sort of stuff did happened to me.

+ Reply to Thread