+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HHO for Carburettor - Do I change the fuel intake to compensate

1. Default HHO for Carburettor - Do I change the fuel intake to compensate

Hello

I'm quite new to this. When installing a HHO generator and put the hydro-gas into the air flow. Do I need to adjust the fuel intake to compensate to for the Hydrogen? I know I have to do that for fuel injection. If so how do I do that? I donít want to damage my engine. I have a 1300 Toyota Tazz . Itís a smaller version of the Corolla, same engine.

Quote Originally Posted by igwigs View Post
    Hello

I'm quite new to this. When installing a HHO generator and put the hydro-gas into the air flow. Do I need to adjust the fuel intake to compensate to for the Hydrogen? I know I have to do that for fuel injection. If so how do I do that? I donít want to damage my engine. I have a 1300 Toyota Tazz . Itís a smaller version of the Corolla, same engine.
    Somebody should correct me if I'm wrong,
    but I think you need a EFIE chip. You can't really make any adjustments other than installing a chip that tricks your car's computer into adjusting the fuel intake.

3. Default

The EIFI chip as far as I know is for fuel injection cars only. My car is straight car carburetor. It can only be changed manually.

I also want to know if I reduce the fuel intake to compensate for the HH0 what happens when say the HH0 stops working for some reason. Does the car stop running because of the lack of fuel or does the car over heat.

Hi,
    First thing to do, is ensure that the car is working properly. Why? The better it is working, the more results you will see. Next, ensure that your idle is good -not too high.
    I adjusted my idle air-fuel mixture via a thumbscrew at the back of my carb to cut back on gas consumption at idle. The extra savings come from pressing the gas less due to the presence of HHO. Too bad the production does not increase in proportion to accel after tuning. Also, aim for 1/4HHO gas production per 1L or engine displacement. This means .250LPM for a 1L engine.

Check out this thread for some info on my carbed setup.
    http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=7488

For a HHO alternative, that can give even better results, at a much lower cost, and with safer, easier installation, check the link below.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hyd...System?page=90

5. Default

Hhofox, you seem to be covering much ground. I am familiar with this technology.
    What I am unable to ascertain is just how effective it is.
    I read an article once that stated that fuel ionization can provide over 100 mpg.

6. Default

Theres actually already a 70 mpg carb invented for a gasoline engine. I believe it was a inventor in the uk. Dont hold me to that not sure. But due to US regulations it wont be on any of our cars. I think we even bought out the guys patent.

Gotta love the government and oil companies. I think its ashame oil owns the world.

7. Default

Akito: "Theres actually already a 70 mpg carb invented for a gasoline engine. I believe it was a inventor in the uk. Dont hold me to that not sure. But due to US regulations it wont be on any of our cars. I think we even bought out the guys patent.

Gotta love the government and oil companies. I think its ashame oil owns the world."

Yep there have been a few of these carburetors made by different people. One claiming 200mpg in a v8 350ci? engine. Look up mcburney carb & Charles pogue carb.

8. Default

Most of the high mileage carburetors like the Pogue's is similar to what hhofox is doing. I built something like this in the 1980's with some good results on a 1970 327 Chevy Impala. My problem was residue in the vaporizer and controlling the volume of vapor going to the engine to give me good mileage over all demands of an engine. Could only use it while cruising at 65 mph. I cut fuel to the carb and used only vapor while cruising. Used it on a 1500 mile trip and averaged 40 miles per gallon. The trip was almost all freeway driving in California. It stopped working before I got back and when I disassembled it the vaporizer was full of muck. I have to admit it was a very crude setup and when I think about it a real dangerous setup. Most of the high mileage carbs are more legion than fact and that is why none have been reproduced in my opinion. Pogue was still alive and in an old folks home in Canada. I tried to contact him a couple of times but he refused to talk to me. Have fun and be safe!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

+ Reply to Thread