Thread: trying to make an HHO dry cell

trying to make an HHO dry cell

im wondering if tin would be a good test metal for the production of HHO.

also what is a good spacing between the plates for a dry cell

erm tin? Probably not the best Im sure one of the more knowledgeable guys will answer soon. I used 10 guage 316l stainless for my plates. What are you looking to test? Its usually best to test with something closer to the finished product.

im just trying to test different set ups at first. see what one works, it will be going on a 1990's bronco its v8 i think 5.1L it is EFI. its currently only getting 12 mpg.

since i have got some tin for free i want to see what design works best and then switch to a better metal

well id say at least get koh
    as other electrolytes turn the water brown. And your testing will be short lived.

i atleast did that much research. koh is one of the best electrolytes.

Some tin cans are coated on the inside, so you may have more work on your hands than you think -if you use cans as the source of tin.
    You seem like you want to re-invent the wheel. If not, just grab a stainless steel garbage can, and cut it up. Use some 1/8" thick rubber gasket material, and a thick cutting board along with some hose barbs to make a dry cell. Easy and efficient, if you follow mike from HHOconnection's youtube videos.

For a real, kick-start though, follow the link below. Read up, set up HCS, and then combine it HHO later on for even more savings!

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hyd...System?page=90

Enjoy!

not tin cans. its tin used for furnace ducting.

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    For a real, kick-start though, follow the link below. Read up, set up HCS, and then combine it HHO later on for even more savings!

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hyd...System?page=90

Enjoy!
    im not able to focus all that well but what i gathered is a bubbler a catalyst attached to the exhaust pipe and what else?