Thread: working on making a hho heater

working on making a hho heater

Hi all i am new to this forum but have been experimenting with hho for a couple of years.First set up was a wet cell for a 83 fj60 landcruiser.This set up worked very well mainly to help it pass Pa. inspection.

Now this started me think after doing some research and finding out that hho when used as a torch can melt just about anything.The properties oh hho really made me think and with 20+ years in the heating cooling industry i turned to thinking about heating.

My thought were if hho can melt anything from brick to tugstion steel my twisted mind started to think about how i can make this work to my advantage.I think i have a pretty good idea but have come across some interesting things some good some just out right puzzeling.

My set up
    62 plate 2 section 4x6 dry cell running 120 volts dc i use a harbor frieght watt meter than a harbor frieght variable router controller that goes into a 20 amp bridge rectifier. I use a 2 inch pcv resivor with 2 crosses with site tube on one side and inlet and out let to the cell off the top i use a 1/2 renforced vinly tube to a 2 inch bubbler.

Now i have tried to use a vacume pump that pulls 5.5 cfm.I used this to pull from the bubler and fill a 20 gallon steel tank.(tank was pulled down to 30 hg vacume) prior to starting the cell.

The cell after running for over 1 hr runs at about 120 degress at 4 lpm and 9.5 amps.Now for the first thing i found out when i turn on the vacum pump on i can pressurize the tank to 10 psi and the amps drop to 3 amps and production goes way up no sure how much but man it flies out of the cell.
    Now my first problem is i'm using a beckett oil burner with a modified tip using a # 20 cutting torch. My biggest problem is flash back. I do have a flash back arrestor connected to the ait tube assmebly but i'm tring to get it closer to the nozzel or even in the tube assmebly.Also trying to maintian a longer burn time from my current set up.

I will try to get pics up soon.

For my heat exchanger i am trying to use 3 catalytic converter mounted to the front on the oil burnner assmebly my thought is if a catalytic converter is made of ceramic inpregnated with platinum this will creat a higher out put tempature.Than i will wrap the out side of the convert with a copper coil 2 passes of 3/8 wraping that with fire blanket leaving this with a coil on the back side the out let of the converter. If the converter reacts like it does in a car it should once i can keep a strong flame start to react and heat up.(This is my hopes).

At this time i am waiting on a couple of part mainly new pumps .i want to remove the vacume pump and install a circulating pump and a ait pump in place of vacume pump heres a like to what i am going to use.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OU:US:3160

Please let me know what you guy think any input and or critaziam is welcome. Please chime in you wont hurt my feelings.

Thank you Arco

Wow i'm kinda of surprised that no one has any input ?????????
    I really thought someone might have something to say guess i thought wrong....
    I will have to look other places i guess .

My bad

i think you would be better off useing straight hydrogen for a heater than hho because hho tends to explode instead of createing a nice flame for heating. also, i would be careful with compressing that hho because it will explode at very low psi and probly level your house