Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hho boat

Hho boat

I have a 318 v8 in my boat i would like to make it run strickely on hho for a period of 3 hours ! The plan would be to put a large hho generator with enough battery and charge the battery at dock over night or would it be better to have a smaller generator "220v" running over night and using a refrigerator compressor , compresse the hho into tanks and intall a propane carb on the engine ?

Hi Eric,
    welcome to the forum. Compressing HHO is very dangerous and occasionally fatal- please don't try it. HHO should be made and used "on demand" only. Compressed pure hydrogen is safe and used world wide. If you'll go back to the "General Discussions" page and look to the upper right, you'll see a rectangular numbered block- those are pages and pages of archives. I suggest you make a sandwich, grab a coffee and dig in 70-80 pages back. There's a lot to cover and we get burned out on answering the same questions over & over. Not trying to slough you off here, just showing you a way to gather more info faster- Enjoy!

-Bio-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ericrunner View Post
    I have a 318 v8 in my boat i would like to make it run strickely on hho for a period of 3 hours ! The plan would be to put a large hho generator with enough battery and charge the battery at dock over night or would it be better to have a smaller generator "220v" running over night and using a refrigerator compressor , compresse the hho into tanks and intall a propane carb on the engine ?
    Find out how heavy your boat is. If it is around 3000 lbs. Go electric with Warp 11, 144V, 160ah system.

My first plan was to put a electric motor on the shaft between engine and propeller so when i run the gas engine it would recharge my batteries if needed ! My boat is 10000 pound its 30 x 11 but steel burning gas and i wouldlike to run the fridg, bbq, and hot water tank on hho . So compressing is not an option . On my boat i have 2 very large tanks i was thinking of running an hho generator on demand , the generator on its own would build a couple of pounds of hho in the large tank , the hho generator would go on an off on its own . I have done lots of research and cant find anything that ressemble such a systeme

A large amount of HHO stored in a tank even uncompressed is a huge potential danger. Just a little static electricity would causse it go off and you would be hard pressed to find the pieces of your boat much less your self or others on the boat. Follow Bio's advice and please be safe.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I ordered a propane kit on ebay it can run gas or propane in my case hho or gas . Its very hard to find the information on the net , how much hho will i need for that engine , the bbq , the fridg ....

Where are you going to get all the energy needed to make this large amount of HHO sense you should not store it? It takes about 173.638 watts per liter of HHO, if you were at 100% Faraday, which is very difficult to do. That is 12.51amps at 13.8 volts. That is going to suck a lot of batteries and I think Koyoa electric motor would be much more efficient.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

i will be starting work on the boat soon as the weather is getting warmer here in Canada ! Plan so far is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1SAo...F5BjJA&index=7

When at dock plug my hho generator/compressor to fill 2 large bottle of hho and run the v8 only on hho using this method http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGy2u...91sQ&index=100 i would remove the carb and control rpm from the propane regulator , connect the boat throttle cable to it ! Im also considering a rotoverter that would be running when the engine is running

Eric:

DON'T STORE HHO PERIOD! I hope you pay attention to what people have said here and don't do it. A group in the town I just moved from had one person die and another critically wounded in two separate accidents. If you don't believe me look at this article"

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/aug...osion-20110811

Once seperated hydrogen without oxygen is not dangerous hho is !