Thread: My hho dry cell does not work..please help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My hho dry cell does not work..please help

i am shaunak from india...
    i m a mechanical engineer ..i have designed a fuel cell as part of my engineering project...
    but problem is its not working.
    its a dry cell.
    details
    its a 7 cell
    i used 8 stainless steel 304 grade plates of dimension 200mm*160mm
    9 pvc spacers of 200mm*160mm and made a hexagonal large hole at centre of each spacer.
    240mm*200mm acrylic backplates.
    stacked and tightened it using bolts and nuts ...insulation tube is provided around each bolt to avoid contact with plates...
    used 25% NaOH and passed power using 12v car battery..it dint work..then used KOH 28% that too dint work...but when i plced only 2 ss 304 plates in a jar and supplied voltage electrolysis started...i checked my fuel with multimeter and no shortage was found...
    i was wondering if it has anything to do with my power supply...
    the car battery i used had 9.16v and the power supply i used had 13 volt but maximum 2ampere limit...
    PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Dear Shaunak,
    Kindly call me on 9145470480 and discuss with me about configuration,connection type series/parallel and gap between the plates, and by using 200mm x 160mm plates how much production of hho you aimed at.
    Marian
    Nagpur

I believe the problem is the amount of voltage in your battery. If you take a multimeter and measure the voltage between two plates that are next to each other, I bet you get close to 1.55 volts. Electrolysis needs more voltage. If I recall correctly, I think it needs 1.8 - 2.2 volts. Take one or two plates out and I bet you will get HHO. This is the reason it worked when you used only 2 plates. There was enough voltage.

As with anything...I could be wrong, but try it and let me know what you find.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by marianfrancis View Post
    Dear Shaunak,
    Kindly call me on 9145470480 and discuss with me about configuration,connection type series/parallel and gap between the plates, and by using 200mm x 160mm plates how much production of hho you aimed at.
    Marian
    Nagpur
    i tried callin you but your number seems switched off..can you pass me your email ID

hello shanauk

how well did you fare in that project? did it come to fruition?