Thread: MAP sensor enhancer damage

Question MAP sensor enhancer damage

So Ive been fighting with my car and I had a potentiometer hooked up to my car when I had the system in.
    Is it possible that because of the potentiometer on my map sensor it messed up my cars timing?
    Since its a honda it uses the map sensor in part to determine timing with the ECU. While it has a distributor its an obd2 car. 97 accord.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrobinson View Post
    So Ive been fighting with my car and I had a potentiometer hooked up to my car when I had the system in.
    Is it possible that because of the potentiometer on my map sensor it messed up my cars timing?
    Since its a honda it uses the map sensor in part to determine timing with the ECU. While it has a distributor its an obd2 car. 97 accord.
    No, if it is still in it could be adjusted too lean. If it is out it could have a loose connection. What are the symptoms?, bucking = too lean, black smoke too rich.

I am not an expert, but these have all happened to me.

Ive had so many symptoms throughout the past year. Some have been fixed, others im still working with. At this point I have intermittent performance issues, throttle response varies and I'm looking back at some of the things I did with the HHO system and am wondering if that did any damage, as I didnt know too much about what I was doing.

At one point I had the potentiometer hooked up to the wrong wire. After getting it on the signal wire I had other issues.

I did a vacuum test on my car and it reads about 23 in/hg at idle. The engine acts healthy when tested, but shows slight issues when driven. But that little bit above the normal 15-22 in/hg makes me wonder if the ignition timing is advanced a little too much. Its not a clogged filter causing the raised vacuum. Id like to see it at about 20 in/hg.

The ECU takes its timing in part by the map sensor, I'm wondering if something couldve gotten damaged from my experiments.