Thread: how do you setup a torch to run on hho?

Question how do you setup a torch to run on hho?

I want a torch that runs on hho but I do not know where to start.
    I want to be able to cut up to 1/4" steel. How much hho would I need, and can I make a torch or can you use a oxy/accetalyne torch?

Here is a video I made that will give you an idea of the components you will need. Yes you can use an Oxy-Acetylene torch as long as you have enough HHO to sustain a flame. I can't tell you how much HHO you will need to cut 1/4" steel though.

HHo connection, thank you for sharing the video. What type of torch are you using in the video, and where can I get one? I have a butane pencil torch, could I use that? I saw somewhere where a guy was using an inflation needle (like you use to inflate a football) as his torch tip. But when I tried it I only got flashbacks down the line. My generator was producing about 1/2 LPM for that test.
    I have an rv 12v power supply that my dad changed out for a customer, he gave me the broken one and I repaired it. It has 2 channels and each channel is I think 40 or 50Amps. I haven't had any projects to use it with until now, looks like I've got a use for it now.
    Have you tested the torch that you showed in the video for cutting through steel?

The torch in that video was one that I made from a #2 Oxy/Acetylene torch tip that I tapped and screwed into a brass fitting. You can get those cheap little jewelers Oxy/Acetylene jewelers torches off of eBay for less than $50 and they come with a few size tips. I have one that I connect HHO to one side and my air compressor to the other side. I use the air to put out the flame without a flashback. If you are getting a flashback when you try to light the torch, then you don't have enough pressure and you need more HHO or a smaller torch tip. Here is a link to the torch on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jewelers-Jew...item5d3ba227c8

As for me cutting through steel, only very thin steel. It was one of my 304 stainless steel drinking bottles and it cut through very easily. Thicker steel would require more HHO and much more pressure at the tip.

Thanks, and by the way I have watched several of your youtube vids & they are very well put together. I some times get a little impatient cause you explain things so well and I already know, but that's not your fault. Keep up the good work!

Can Anybody else help me with cutting through at least 1/8" and hopefully
    1/4" steel with hho torch?