Thread: I'm back

I'm back

If anyone remembers me, I'm back. I believe my username was also "hydrojim" over at the HHOunderground when that site was still alive.

I haven't been on this site in over a year. I've been out of the HHO game for a while because I've been focusing on aerodynamic modifications and school.

I'd like to get back into it and hopefully get caught up with the new developments and such.

Last I was around, the big thing was the magnetic "beastie" if anyone remembers that. I remember it was highly efficient electrolysis, and I'd like to get back to that.

I spent the summer of 2012 building The AeroFocus:

Ended up getting 47 MPG but I saw minimal gains with my HHO system due to problems getting the compute to react with my EFIE.

My next project is The AeroMetro. I'm shooting for 100 MPG and I think I need the HHO to help get me there. I'm going to be running a megasquirt ECU so I'll have full control over the fuel and such. Just need that HHO to enhance my lean burn capabilities. But I'll save that for later. For now, I'd just like to get caught up with everyone.

It's been too long.

Good to see you back Jim. Not any earth shaking changes but lots of experiments that are on going that could result in some changes. It comes down to the right amount of HHO ratio for the full range of engine demand to get the best gains. This has not changed. How to achieve that is what is on going and requiring a lot of testing especially to achieve it cheaply . I think Koya's dry bubbler/filter will be new for you. Search for his postings on the subject. Also study up on injection point. Close to the intake manifold as possible yet leaving a little room for mixing is the best. You can again follow some of Koya's posting on this. I have not posted much in this regard but agree with Koya1893. I am just dealing with much bigger engines where things are different.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Welcome back! Very nice work Jim! 47 MPG is not joke. While you get back into HHO, take a look at the link below -it's HCS. Similar tech, but cheaper, safer, easier to setup and maintain, etc, and best of all, it does not mess with any sensors. You can STILL add HHO later if yo want to for even MORE gains, but HCS is too simple and effective to pass up.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hyd...ystem?page=150
    Enjoy! (Read from about p90 for quick updates.)

Welcome back Jim,
    It looks like you're going to have to change your screen name to "Hyper mile'n Hydro Jim" I've got to agree with HHOFox, the vapor carb whether hot or cold is going to give you the highest possible mileage, then you can start in with HHO and water injection and fiddle with ignition timing. I will advise you to get hold of a decent pyrometer to keep track of your EGT's so you can dial in the water injection as needed. EFI is touted as the most efficient fueling method by manufacturers and a lot of mechanics, but it's not- not by a long shot. I'm 55 now, when I was 17 the big news for 2 days was a guy in south Florida that had demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt, a 100mpg vapor carb (on a V-8). This was with the first fuel crisis still very fresh in everyone's minds- on the third day there wasn't a word about him anywhere... There have been a lot of vapor carbs developed by a lot of folks- and most of them have been bought up by car manufacturers and shelved... Because they work TOO well. Uncle Sam LOVES his gas taxes and makes sure the manufacturers know it. Check out the link HHOFox provided then do patent searches on high mileage vapor carb's. If you are seriously looking to get the very highest mileage possible from a gasoline ICE, then vapor, HHO & water injection is the best solution available at this point in time.
    Take care- Bio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]