Thread: Will HHO on a diesel prolong it's life?

Will HHO on a diesel prolong it's life?

I have been discouraged from buying a diesel by a few of my closer associates because they have been saying it takes too much maintenance and the diesel generates much more grime. I have seen the cleaning properties of an HHO system but I do not know if it would have the same effect on a diesel system, maybe making it so you would have to do oil changes less often.

So my basic questions are:

1) It has been assumed by others that due to the cleaning properties of HHO that it will actually cause gasoline engines to live longer (also because they maintain lower temperatures). Is this the case with diesel engines?

2) I have been told you must change the oil on a diesel every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. With HHO on the vehicle would this prolong the amount of time and mileage that I could wait to change the oil?
    --Side note: I have been told that an EGR delete will make it so you don't have to change the oil as often because the oil will run cleaner and I am asking this question based on that assumption.

Thanks to all and any who answer.

So my basic questions are:

1) It has been assumed by others that due to the cleaning properties of HHO that it will actually cause gasoline engines to live longer (also because they maintain lower temperatures). Is this the case with diesel engines?

2) I have been told you must change the oil on a diesel every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. With HHO on the vehicle would this prolong the amount of time and mileage that I could wait to change the oil?
    --Side note: I have been told that an EGR delete will make it so you don't have to change the oil as often because the oil will run cleaner and I am asking this question based on that assumption.

Thanks to all and any who answer.
    Yes to number ONE. HHO and water injection together keep the engine and the oil much cleaner.

I would still change my oil at the manufactures recommended times, unless I was able to have my oil analyzed like the truckers do. Then you could establish the exact time to change it. Cost to have it analyzed a couple of times but then you can start saving some money on oil changes knowing for sure when to change it.

Burning HHO will help burn up all or most depending on the ratio of HHO to exhaust being recycled. The recycled exhaust helps slow down the HHO burn and adds to the HP a tinny bit. I would not recommend cutting out the EGR in fact in a lot of the cases you might want to increase it. It also has a cooling effect and helps reduce NOX. It is all part of the tuning process. Not easy though to get it absolutely right but possible. All this should go along with water injection.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Water injection

Do you have a reference I could read to understand water injection? I've heard about it but I don't know anything about it or whether or not it would help MPG gains.

Is that anything similar to fuel vaporizers?

You can use just distilled water or water and methanol.

Here is a good commercial kit and explanation. There are many others available that are just as good or maybe better. I have not tested them all. They are available for gasoline and diesel.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-...el-engines-52/
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

my HHO burn intake

Hi, My hho wetcell 13 plate, burn my car. While I was driving it start to smell no burned plastic. When I open the hoo smoke and same flame came from air inlet in my engine. Hot gasses came from EGR burned the HHO gas just before entering the engine and burn the plastic intake.....

Anyone with similar experience ? (var is Mercedes 270 cdi, diesel, 2004)

Please give us more detail of how your system is set up and the volume of HHO being used. Also how long have you been running this system? HHO if ignited in the intake burns so fast unless there is a lot of oil that the worst that happens is a loud bang that might destroy the plastic parts but would not catch on fire unless there was a lot of oil in the intake. I have never heard of this problem. More details will help to understand how it happened and what the real cause was. Is the engine turbo charged? There should be such a small amount of HHO in the intake unless you left it on when stopped that it would be impossible to have this happen.