Thread: Theory for MPG gains via HHO

Theory for MPG gains via HHO

Of course when you use energy from the alternator to separate HHO, then burn it in the cylinder, you are not getting any energy boost from the HHO. The leading theory (with some science to back it up) is the efficiency boost comes from more efficiently combusting the combined fuel in the cylinder. But my understanding is this only explains a small percentage in gain.

I have a feeling that what we are seeing is the same thing that makes hybrid engines more efficient. I think we are re-capturing some of the energy that is otherwise wasted, and recycling it. When en engine idles, when you are going downhill etc. Not all of the energy expended in running the engine is converted to movement of the car- and since the HHO system is constantly capturing a portion of the engine's output it captures some of that wasted energy as well.

Has this idea been explored? It seems to fit the levels of MPG improvement reported in the testimonials- they seem to be consistent with hybrid improvements.

I am not saying this is not the case, but if it is what is happening when we turn off HHO at idle or at closed throttle, why does the gain increases when setup right? I think it is much more complicated than just that but maybe in some cases with certain setups that might be true. I think what is happening is in the combustion chamber during combustion. Most of us do not have the ability to see or understand exactly what is happening at the time of combustion. I feel that it is in the combustion processes that other gases are created which give us the additional HP and torque. All the elements are there along with the heat. This is why the ratio of HHO to all the other elements is so critical and makes it difficult to get high gains, because keeping the right ratio over the full range of engine demand is complicated but not impossible.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .