Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: improving flux and suggest

The problem might be with your PSU. It could also be the PWM. I really have not idea with out knowing the details of the PSU. You need to hook up an amp meter so you can see how many amps are really being drawn.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by mauroalpha View Post
    thanks mate for the tip

So,
    this night I ran my pwm at maximum (the pwm knob is not at its maximum but less than half, is correct?) and I haven't seen the previous production observed at that amp (30 amp)...i've decided to measure the voltage adsorbed by the cell and it was 7,22 volts.

really strange. I'm using ogo pwm30, the chinese one.

I've disconnected the pwm and then connected the psu direct into the cell and the gas flow was amazing!!!
    actually the volts are 9,2x (my config is +NNN-)

do you think that the ogo pwm (100hz i think) is not good or maybe it's good but the hz are not suitable for my cell?
    I'll try to help, but diagnosing problems without seeing the whole circuit is difficult.

What voltage and current (or wattage) is your power supply rated at?

The wiring that I see in your video looks too small to handle 30A without some voltage drop.

If you are only reading 9.2v at the cell (without the PWM), your power supply could be too small to maintain full voltage at high current, or your wiring could be too small, or both.

Check the voltage at the cell and at the power supply.
    If they are the same (but both lower than the rated supply voltage), the power supply could be too small for the load it's feeding.
    If they are 1v (or more) different, there is too much voltage drop in your wiring or connections.
    If they are different and both lower than the rated voltage, you have both issues.

In regards to the reading of 7.22v with the PWM connected, I think that the PWM wasn't running at maximum, or it's maximum isn't 100% duty cycle.
    Worry about the supply and wiring first.

Pete.

Ciao Pete,

the cable that I use are 4mm wires ; after 10 minutes of uses without pwm my psu got warm and then burnt out this is my 4 psu that get burnt without pwm..I don't understand why!!!

I've now ordered a 50 amp psu but I will use still pwm 30 cause I need to buy a new pwm cause I want to use not more than 40 amp so I will be sure that i will not burn again the psu..any suggest regards why i burnt my psu?

I think that I've put so much caustic soda and so the cell adsorb more amps than psu , is right?

4 mm is 11 to 12 gauge wire. You need something more like 6 mm. This is not why the PSU burned out though. The reason it burned out is that the reactor was drawing more amps than it could handle. I use a 100 amp PSU and keep it under 70 amps max. There are Chinese built 100 amp PSU's that have variable 0-16 volts and variable amps form 1-100. Not cheap but are available. I will see if I can find a link for one similar to the one I am using.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Myoldyourgold is right, the wiring is a bit too small, but that's not why you've cooked four power supplies.

You already know one reason - "I think that I've put so much caustic soda and so the cell adsorb more amps than psu , is right?"

Another factor is that you have your reactor wired +NNN-.
    This is going to draw more and more current as the electrolyte heats up and could still be an issue even with a new, bigger, power supply.

Your PWM would help to control the excess current, but, if you can, try rewiring the reactor to run with five neutrals (+NNNNN-).
    You should get better gas production with a more stable running temperature.

In regard to the wiring size, if you have more of that wire, just try running two wires for (+) and two for (-) and keep the wire length as short as practical

myoldyourgold (what's your real name?):

at the moment I've ordered the new psu 12v 50amp, and a new PWM made by the dealer
    (it's an electronic engineer that is working on water engine for boat)

where I have bought the cell; he has recommend me to use it in a +NNN- configuration and the temperature at 40amp will remain under 30°C
    the pwm is patented with no fan and with new mosfet inside (the pwm works on 50 rms amp and the peak is 70amp)

So, before talking the configuration i want to ask an help:

The right size of the wire for that amperage are 8mm wire but I have one problem using them cause the fast-on connection are smaller than the wire so I can't use them; can I see how you've connected your cell to the wires?

D.O.G:
    (can I see your connection too? )

about the configuration, another user told me that the best way is to use 5N.
    I've tried it and the productions was a lot lower than before.
    I think this is because my cell has 4mm o-ring and also because I've measured that ,the cell, between + and - adsorb 9,20 v

so, in a 3N configuration all is working good because 9,20/5plates = 1,84v/plates . I think the Volts are correct, right?

is normal that I have 9,2 instead of 12v between plates?

thanks

i made a mistake, 5 plates = 6 gap so the volts are less

this night i will use my new pwm so i will get u back with results

Quote Originally Posted by mauroalpha View Post
    i made a mistake, 5 plates = 6 gap so the volts are less

this night i will use my new pwm so i will get u back with results
    No, 5 plates = 4 gaps so the volts are higher than you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.G View Post
    No, 5 plates = 4 gaps so the volts are higher than you thought.
    No, I told 6 gap cause for 5 plates I mean 5neutral

Question

Ok I mounted all with new pwm.
    same as last time, if 12 volt is set, i obtain that the cell adsorb 25 amp but 7,22 volt. If I keep controlled the voltage and i push up the pwm, the voltage goes to 8,3 but the amp goes to 20..basically:
    7,22 v = 25 amp
    8,3v = 20 amp

if i go up with the pwm the voltage drop and also the amperage.
    Do I have to use the pwm regulated on voltage?

on 8,3v the psu starts to get hot and the fan is continuosly spinning

IMPORTANT: my amp clamps si AC amp..do I have to use DC amp meter?