Thread: Dry cell intake on weber carbs

Dry cell intake on weber carbs

So i'm trying to install an HHO dry cell i've made at home into my 1974 Datsun 260z. My only problem is my air intake system. I have the triple weber carbs on this car so I am having trouble finding out where to connect the HHO-out line into my intake to mix the air and HHO. Does it matter which carb I let the HHO run into? Will it make a difference? Or is it a matter of trial and error since I'm not sure if this has been done before. Appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Two6D View Post
    So i'm trying to install an HHO dry cell i've made at home into my 1974 Datsun 260z. My only problem is my air intake system. I have the triple weber carbs on this car so I am having trouble finding out where to connect the HHO-out line into my intake to mix the air and HHO. Does it matter which carb I let the HHO run into? Will it make a difference? Or is it a matter of trial and error since I'm not sure if this has been done before. Appreciate the help.
    Datsun Zed!

I'm assuming you've got three separate intake manifolds and three separate air filters, that makes it tricky.
    You want to get the same amount of HHO into each cylinder, well mixed with the air/fuel charge.

Post some photos if you can.

Yes, I do have three sperate manifolds, each with a filter. One of the already has a platic covering over it (added by previous owner to reduce the foul gasoline smell she likes to output) but as you see in the picture it has a hose port. Could I maybe mimic this for the other two, three-way split my outgoing HHO hose and have those enter the carbs like that? I have just built the cell and am working on the resevoir at the moment but I am photographing the entire project and am going to post it all on my Z forum so everyone can hopefully start doing the same. I will post it on here as well. Thanks.

Here's the pics

A three-way output hose split sounds OK, or maybe three output hoses from your last bubbler/filter/scrubber. The important question remains, where to connect them.

The idea of connecting into the air filter cover should work, although I read posts (different forum), claiming that some of the HHO could escape through the filter material and be wasted.

Another option is to extend the hose connections inside the filter assembly to as close as practical to each butterfly. Should work better but be more mucking about, more hose and fittings.

If this is possible with your set-up, connecting to a venturi vacuum port on each carb is the way to go.
    Where does the distributor vacuum advance come from at the moment? This would have been from a venturi vacuum source on one of the original Hitachi carbs (zero at idle, then quickly rise to match manifold vacuum).

In regards to posting on a Z site, log your results (MPG), before and after, and then post as a completed project.

Pete.