Thread: My HHO generator exploded

Smile My HHO generator exploded

it was stupid of me not taking precautions but I didn't know if it was hho fume or steam but I put the lighter near the nozzle and the hho generator exploded, but the reason I didn't think it was the hho fume was cause I had it connect it to the bubbler for while the bubbler and I would turn the lighter but nothing would happen the fume wouldnt go to the bubbler.

But if anybody of you might now why the fumes wouldn't go to the bubbler.

Sounds like blockage to the bubbler resulting in a leak. Since this stuff is super flammable all it takes is a small leak and static electricity! You used a spark! Be careful and always pressure test everything for leaks.

Smile

Thank you for your reply, I knew there was a little leaked but didn't think that was a problem cause it was very very little. So everything has to be seal tight then?

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyguy View Post
    Thank you for your reply, I knew there was a little leaked but didn't think that was a problem cause it was very very little. So everything has to be seal tight then?
    Absolutely. It's also good to research what materials will allow that to happen. Unfortunately plastic end plates are prone to warpage and thus can more easily leak under slight pressure. Hydrogen will leak very easily in the first place. Some good materials to look in to are:

1. Tygon Norprene
    2. Buna-N (FDA)
    3. EPDM (be careful of the grade)
    4. Kynar

I don't use plastic HDPE or even UHMW PE anymore for the structural end plates because it can deform too easily and will get worse with heat. You want your reactor to be able to hold ~30 PSI without leaking and be sure to test it underwater for air leaks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Absolutely. It's also good to research what materials will allow that to happen. Unfortunately plastic end plates are prone to warpage and thus can more easily leak under slight pressure. Hydrogen will leak very easily in the first place. Some good materials to look in to are:

1. Tygon Norprene
    2. Buna-N (FDA)
    3. EPDM (be careful of the grade)
    4. Kynar

I don't use plastic HDPE or even UHMW PE anymore for the structural end plates because it can deform too easily and will get worse with heat. You want your reactor to be able to hold ~30 PSI without leaking and be sure to test it underwater for air leaks.
    Thank you so much for the new ideas.

Question

Has anyone figured out how to avoid overheating and burning up the power source?