Thread: No brown water

No brown water

Hi guys,

I've been conditioning my first reactor for about 15 hours @ 12V & 5A ( on and off ) and I haven't got any brown water yet. I'm planning of letting it run for another 5 hours or so.

Could the SS start leeching after more than 15-20 hours ?

Post How i do it

Honestly, I've tried the conditioning techniques that you are trying right now. I found that cleansing can be a pain and conditioning this way takes A LONG time (months) whereas going a quicker and more straight-forward way will reduce that down to a few days to a week.

The following content is for information purposes only. If you choose to act on this information as instructions, you do so at your OWN RISK. YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS AND THE RESULTING CONSEQUENCES.

Phew, now here are the steps I take to cleanse and condition.

Cleanse

1. Media blast
    2. VENTILATE THE AREA
    3. Dip in 2:1 mix H2O2 (3%) to HCl (5-10 mins per plate)
    4. Neutralize

Condition

1. Run reactor up to 130F < 0.5A/in^2 for 1-2 hours and then shut off overnight
    2. Run reactor as often as possible 0.25 - 0.5A/in^2 until it reaches 115-120F then shut off
    3. Once water stays fairly clear and foaming has significantly reduced, add PWM and calibrate the frequency (start with the highest frequency you can and work your way down until amps begin to lower then turn frequency back up a little until amps raise)

Hi Stevo,

H202 is Hydrogen peroxide....
    But what is HCl and where to buy it ? Does muriatic acid ?

At step 4 of cleanse , you neutralise with distilled water ?

During conditionning, you use KOH / NaOH and what concentration ?
    After step 3, it mean you have yhe good frequency for the reactor and you are ready to go ?

Thanks in advance
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler