Thread: computer tricking strategy

computer tricking strategy

which would be better, trick the computer to think its at a higher elevation, that it's hotter than it actually is, that it's richer than it actually is or all three? i know the 02 sensor is a must because that is the feedback to the computer's calculations. so which is the other trick that has to be made, on one hand i think a more simple trick would be more reliable (murphys law), but tricking more sensors in smaller increments would be more accurate and take less 02 deviation.

There is a balance which is limited by your ECU maps. By finding the right combination for your vehicle it will go to the leanest possible set by the manufacture. Usually this ends up with a lose of HP but when done right can be added back in with HHO and other things like water inject etc.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Also worth noting: "tricking" the ECU as applied to oxygen sensors only has a possibility of working when ECU is in closed loop mode. This mode typically only occurs at lower engine load and RPM such as when you are cruising around town at lower speeds. Soon as you give the throttle a squeeze, the mode generally will switch over to open loop which relies on a good tune, not the oxygen sensors which are rendered incapable of providing useful readings.

My hypothesis is that when you have a system that runs at 100% regardless of engine load, much of the potential benefits are nullified during conditions where the motor speed is < 1000 - 1500 RPM or at idle because the system continues to demand 10, 20, 30 amps while as RPM drops the alternator continues to lose output potential. Take a look at most alternator specs out there and you'll notice that they have two ratings: one at or below a minimum RPM threshold and another for at or above that same threshold.

In a week or so I will be able to test this hypothesis and will share my results and plans for the system I built because I think we've been doing it wrong.

I wouldn't mess with the coolant sensor too much. Messing with the tempo will knock it in and out of closed loop. A computer goes into closed loop after the engine has reached its correct operating temp. When a engine first starts cold it spits more gas then usual until it gets warmed up. Its a cold start feature built in to help get it to operating temperature faster. I would start out messing with the o2 maf and tps.

Good luck

actually a cold engine has to have more fuel to run because the air is so dense. and most cars go into closed loop as soon as it sees the 02's switching at a certain rate. late 90's and newer most cars have an 02 heater that makes it go into closed loop within 2 minutes and by 2015 epa is making cars go into closed loop in 30 seconds. when you mess with the ect you make it think it is hotter than it actually is so it leans the fuel mixture out. but i wouldn't mess with it too much either

What I call the right way is to not mess with anything until the engine is warmed up (operating temperature or very close). It needs a rich mixture especially in the colder parts of the world to run properly. Nothing like a cold stalling engine. This is controlled by a simple temperature switch. Then what ever you do makes much more sense. In big diesels in the extremely cold weather they use the HHO system to warm up the battery and instead of starting fluid by running the HHO system for a very short time before starting. When done not in excess it works well but if to much HHO is generated and not mixed with enough air you can blow off a tube / pipe that comes from the entercooler to the intake or worse. This is not recommended for the novice and when it happens it is so loud it requires a change of underwear!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Well what I would do is map the standard reading from all your sensors in different rpg ranges and conditions. If you got a scan tool with data stream. Then use it to get the info and readings you need. Find a sensor you can use to measure the output from your hho generator. Create a piggy back programmer. Use the readings from your cell and the readings obtained from your scan tool to create as close as possible perfect mixture between your hho gas and air. This all can and needs to be done sooner or later by someone. It wouldnt be too hard to create a piggy back programmer. Sadly I havent had the time or money to even begin adding anything to my car. But I've done a lot of research and went to school for Automotive Technology. Plan on going for computer programing in the near feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Akito View Post
    Create a piggy back programmer. Use the readings from your cell and the readings obtained from your scan tool to create as close as possible perfect mixture between your hho gas and air. This all can and needs to be done sooner or later by someone.
    Done and done. Just need to finish the install

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Done and done. Just need to finish the install
    Awesome do you have a thread of your workmanship?