Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HHO Kit for Civic VX- Ebay?

HHO Kit for Civic VX- Ebay?

I have a Civic VX with a 1.5L motor in it. I have been reading about building a HHO setup, but for now I think I'd like to buy a basic kit and see if I have good results. I found a kit on ebay, and it if will function, I'll take it, but if you guys had a better suggestion, I'll take it.

I'll need to post this elsewhere, but I am having a hard timing making decisions about the EFIE. For those who don't know about the Civic VX, it is a "Lean Burn" motor which burns at a 20:1 AF (maybe even upt o 25:1) and I am a little worried about leaning out the engine even more without some sort of EGT gauge or something.

Anyway, with my little motor, I shouldn't need anything special. If you guys think the eBay kit will work, let me know, if you have something better, reply or PM me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-HHO-Hydrog...636a39&vxp=mtr

IF this works

Which it most likely won't.. You will be replacing it with a dry cell unit soon. This one is nothing short of a grenade steam generator. Be careful. Lots of information on these forums if you are willing to do your research..

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Which it most likely won't.. You will be replacing it with a dry cell unit soon. This one is nothing short of a grenade steam generator. Be careful. Lots of information on these forums if you are willing to do your research..
    There is a lot of information and much of it is wrong. All one can do is jump in and start experimenting. Unless they already have a strong science and engineering background. Then you postulate, calculate and finally fabricate your solution.

The Ebay device is actually quite a good learning step. It doesn't cost a lot compared to the time to collect and fabricate a simple cell such as this. Much can be learned from it.

But I cannot think of any one thing that stands out as wrong more than making a highly combustible gas in a glass jar. Ebay is not a good learning step. It's a good way to get ripped off or seriously injured much quicker if you aren't careful.

I can hardly believe what I am reading. If someone thinks a $100 or less investment in a device like the one offered on eBay is going to give you some gains you are very wrong. Rustlugnut should know that for sure. Now if you want to blow up plastic bags by lighting them for a reasonable bang then that's OK but at least wear ear plugs. To put something like that in a vehicle and expect "upto" 35% gains is not reasonable and a total waste of money especially in the vehicle mentioned. Most of the gains quoted are just not measured accurately, a change of driving style, or just not the truth. Lets get real and not lead people down the garden path. As a play toy out of a vehicle OK but more than that forget it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Let's be absolutely honest for just a bit.

NONE of the HHO devices sold on Ebay or designed on this forum can Guarantee the claimed performance gains or safety across a broad range of applications. NONE.

A car owner must start tinkering and learning. And some of the basic kits on ebay allow someone to start down their own road to discovery.

The information provided on this forum is so hodge podge and so much of it is wrong, even from the so called "mentors" that it is vexing for a newbie to get going.

Stevo wants you to build a "dry cell". Well, 35 years ago, I built a cell much like the unit shown on the ebay add. I applied it to a single cylinder engine in our university lab. I learned from it. Is it the best? Is it the safest? None of the above. But it was a stepping stone. And it is relatively cheap. A "dry cell" can cost hundreds. And they do not work all that well and can be tricky to build due to design errors.

If the really good intentioned people on this forum want to help others learn, they will have a step by step course plan. Not the self centered shotgun blast exampled above.

Why don't you show how the simple ebay device can teach someone about electrolyte concentration, temperature, voltage and current, etc.

Then move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    Stevo wants you to build a "dry cell". Well, 35 years ago, I built a cell much like the unit shown on the ebay add. I applied it to a single cylinder engine in our university lab. I learned from it. Is it the best? Is it the safest? None of the above. But it was a stepping stone. And it is relatively cheap. A "dry cell" can cost hundreds. And they do not work all that well and can be tricky to build due to design errors.

If the really good intentioned people on this forum want to help others learn, they will have a step by step course plan. Not the self centered shotgun blast exampled above.

Why don't you show how the simple ebay device can teach someone about electrolyte concentration, temperature, voltage and current, etc.

Then move forward.
    Wow! All of the old and none of the gold. LOL

Your comment and many others you have posted on this forum . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Nevermind. Was going to comment on this. You don't deserve my attention. That's probably why I have you on my ignored list.
    . . . make it clear how highly you think of yourself. The reader can make this out.

Why don't you answer the original poster. Tell him how he can extend the lean limits of combustion inherent in his Honda VX engine system. Tell him how he can exceed a 24:1 fuel ratio with the minimal seeding of hydrogen provided by a single cell running at 2 to 3 amperes. He does not need to mess with the so called EFIEs because his system already runs in lean burn for most light load cruising situations. All he has to do is to slave his Cell to produce during those loading conditions.

Yes, he will need more circuitry to make it work. Yes, he will need some safety redesign. But, he can make a good attempt. And it can work.

And yes, I may be a boor, but at least my information is based on a real education and many decades of hands on design and development.

gijoe85,
    I have to agree with myoldyourgold and Stevo on this.. Honestly, can you think of one thing under the hood of your car that is plain old glass? I can't. The unit you cited operates at 12 volts nominal between electrodes rather than 2 to 2.5 volts that a conventionally built drycell does. This means that the jar unit will be making a LOT more heat & water vapor than HHO gas. The "neutral" or bipolar plates in a drycell split that 12V up into a much more efficient and lower voltage per cell. This means more actual gas production and less heat generated water vapor. The fact that you came to this forum and asked about a prebuilt unit rather than asking how to build a unit or system should indicate to all that you would prefer a kit or semi-turnkey system- meaning that you're not really all that jazzed about learning the arcanum of HHO, immersing yourself in a life of experimentation and essentially are looking for a way to improve your mileage in as straightforward a manner as possible. If this is the case then I would advise purchasing a system similar to this one- yes it does cost a little more, but it gives you most of the rest of the bits and pieces (balance of system).
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-PLATE-HHO...e9d817&vxp=mtr
    Mike, a member on this forum, username "hhoconnection" sells high quality units and balance of system components. He is quite knowledgeable and can advise you on sizing, installation and set up. If you haven't already seen these (in the newbies section) then here is an introduction... view-source:http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread....os-for-Newbies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]