Thread: Test reults of my first generator rig.

Test reults of my first generator rig.

Hi all

Just wanted to share my test results for my first rig.
    I want to produce 1/4litre of HHO for my 1.8litre car, a Zafira.

I used bicarb as my potassium flake did not arrive today...

I used 8 rings of stainless steel wire. Each ring is 120cm of wire wound to a ring of about 45mm dia. 4 are positive and 4 negative coils, alternating as +-+-+-+-

400mil de-ionised water in the jar. I used a 120amp/hr battery out of my caravan (fully charged).

1st test was 1/2 tsp bicarb which gave 100mil gas. 5.5amps
    2nd test with another 1/2 tsp bicarb 150mil gas. just below 7amps

I added 2 stainless steel washers to the rig on the negative side and got 230mil gas at a whopping 12.4amps.

I will post new results when the flake arrives.

Ideas or comments would be appreciated.

Don

A thought I had last night.
    I am using 8 rings using 120cm stainless steel wire each, so in theory 4 rings using 240cm each should produce the same volume with the same amps.
    I am going to try 2 rings of 480cm wire to see what results I get. I am hoping for a smaller unit to ease fitting in my car.

Any thoughts???

Ok some more results.

4 coils using 480cm of wire each with 3 round neutral plates between them pulled 4 amps and gave about 125mils of gas.
    Good result as it uses more wire then the first test but is 1.5amps less draw with 25mil more gas.
    Quite happy with this test.

This test was done using bicarb.

Any thoughts???

Ok flakes arrived so went testing..

Used the origional design of 8 rings of stainless steel wire. Each ring is 120cm of wire wound to a ring of about 45mm dia. 4 are positive and 4 negative coils, alternating as +-+-+-+-.

Now it produced above 1/4litre of hho. Only problem was heat and current, the jar after 5 mins got barely touchable and the amps slowly crawled up enough to pop a 15amp fuse. This was with a tsp of flakes.

1/2 tsp of flakes and i got less gas and the current still crept up to 9+ amps.
    Is there a way to lower the amps and heat as it is obvious from this test that the hotter the mixture gets the more current gets used.???

Also, when I removed the windings from the jar, you could feel the heat coming from it.

Any ideas???