Thread: HHO Heater

HHO Heater

Lets say i wanted to make an HHO heater which is same as HHO generating hydrogen gas but also heat ; does anyone have any ideas ,
    ie -using different kind of metal plates,- more potassium hydroxide,- different positive negative connections,

but NOT more current !

Are you speaking of cogeneration?

Quote Originally Posted by james67 View Post
    Lets say i wanted to make an HHO heater which is same as HHO generating hydrogen gas but also heat ; does anyone have any ideas ,
    ie -using different kind of metal plates,- more potassium hydroxide,- different positive negative connections,

but NOT more current !
    Or are you thinking of producing HHO gas to combust and use as heating? HHO generators are very inefficient at generating gas. They do produce some heat. It is better to use the electricity directly in heating elements than to burn the HHO for heating and trap and use the low grade generator heat.

There are numerous posts telling you how to build plates, choose electrolytes and make your connections. But all those techniques are to reduce the voltage need of each cell so that you can stack more cells. You still need current to produce HHO gas. It is just that more cells require less current to produce the same amount of HHO gas.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    Or are you thinking of producing HHO gas to combust and use as heating? HHO generators are very inefficient at generating gas. They do produce some heat. It is better to use the electricity directly in heating elements than to burn the HHO for heating and trap and use the low grade generator heat.

There are numerous posts telling you how to build plates, choose electrolytes and make your connections. But all those techniques are to reduce the voltage need of each cell so that you can stack more cells. You still need current to produce HHO gas. It is just that more cells require less current to produce the same amount of HHO gas.

not really.. Im looking for a way to heat up the HHO generator as hot as i can get it without using more voltage or amps

Your original post was not clear.

not really.. Im looking for a way to heat up the HHO generator as hot as i can get it without using more voltage or amps
    If you are looking to use internal heating, you need voltage and amps. P=IE. No other way around it. If you need more heat, you will need an external heat source.

May I ask what you are trying to achieve?

If you are looking to use internal heating, you need voltage and amps. P=IE. No other way around it. If you need more heat, you will need an external heat source.

May I ask what you are trying to achieve?
    sort of like a boiler / hho generator in one ..where water will be boiled to create steam by the same plates that also split the water

sort of like a boiler / hho generator in one ..where water will be boiled to create steam by the same plates that also split the water
    The application of a partial vacuum evaporates the water at much lower temperatures. Folks on this forum use manifold vacuum to draw the HHO into the engine and have to deal with the increase in steam production. The navy uses this principle to distill sea water on their ships with low grade waste heat.

The application of a partial vacuum evaporates the water at much lower temperatures. Folks on this forum use manifold vacuum to draw the HHO into the engine and have to deal with the increase in steam production. The navy uses this principle to distill sea water on their ships with low grade waste heat.

Thank you , I appreciate this information ! I am learning all i can about steam and generators as well, to get most out of both.. so far i found that a alternator can be converted into a portable mobile generator with potential of a lot of power output but i got to consider a couple of hurdles; the higher rpm from the alternator may not suit me (low rpm would be nice)
    and the kind of combination steam and hydrogen maker to use..

You could just make a small block of hollow metal. Take a line off your heater core outlet and run it through the new hollow block. Put a fan on it with a heat sink. Tho it will be a lil too hot. Hmm maybe just tap into the heat core hose with a very small diameter hose. That way you wont get a big amount of the coolant from the heater core. Just a enough to melt it.

No heater needed :)

Use windshield washer fluid in the winter times. It's Water/Methonal mixture doesn't freeze and the cheaper stuff has less methanol so use as needed. It's color is just food coloring. Add some lye and poof! instant winter formula.

You can make your own windshield washer fluid with distilled water if you wish. Just Google recipes and replace water with distilled water.

Hi

You can create a heater but you will get more steam than HHO. I had a cell get close to boiling point by accident (it was around 92C) and I thought that I was generating tones of gas but about 90% of the gas coming out was steam (I calculated the difference of gas generated with a cool cell and a hot cell). I discovered that it was steam when could not light it.