Quote Originally Posted by wikitjuggla View Post
Can you tell me what the benefit of frequency control is? think i'm just gonna leave that part out, which frequency should i use, the 490hz pin or the 980hz pin?
There is no benefit from dynamically controlling the frequency (as far as I can tell) and I'm not a believer of this "magic resonance" that some speak of, but there is plenty of benefit from dynamically controlling duty cycle. I use pin 3 with my Nano and this library https://code.google.com/p/arduino-pw...uency-library/.

During initial install, you want to be able to adjust the frequency to the optimal setting for the reactor you have built. Size, shape, plate gap will partially determine what that final number is. I actually go about it in a course manor once the reactor is at normal operating temps (~95 - 100*F):

1) From 1 Hz, make course frequency adjustments (1 KHz at a time) upwards until amp draw ceases to increase
2) One a course number is defined, then move on to fine tuning (100 Hz decrements/increments)

By doing this, I determined that the correct frequency for my reactor is approximately 16,500 Hz and I could probably continue to do more fine tuning. No magic here though

Interesting side note:

It seems that the larger the reactor plate dimensions, the lower the optimum pulsing frequency. The smaller the reactor plate dimensions, the higher the optimum pulsing frequency.