Hi chaps and chapesses....

I am a new member, and only recently have found all these forums.

I have been playing on and off with HHO for a while (about 7 years) although I have taken a break over the last couple of years. (That work thing got in the way)

Anyhow, I currently have two generators. My very first one with is an 8 element system. 4 electrodes made up of 2 s/steel tubes each. I always thought it very inefficient (although it did produce gas in seemingly higher quantities than many I have seen on a famous video hosting site.

My concern was that no matter what I seemed to do, the design seemed to always let water into the connections to the tubes..... ( I now know this is a wet cell).....

I have just made a new cell, and am just completing the gas sealing and final assembly.... This is the picture attached. It is a 12 electrode but made up of the equivalent of 5.5 elements per electrode. In effect giving 68 interface surfaces.

Attachment 2337

I have currently 3 different power supplies, but will be using initially only one of them. I have the ability to change amplitude, frequency and mark-space ratio with the first power supply.

Hopefully the new (hopefully) super efficient cell will work better than the old cell. All the electrics have metered out, and I feel reasonably confident. This shall remain the constant throughout the following tests. I shall monitor pressure, flow rate and temperature initially. All the tests will be done with a max of 12v @ 5A

The first range will be to set the amplitude to 12v set the mark space ratio to 50% and then do a frequency sweep from 0-200kHz initially. Maybe in 10 kHz steps and run for an exact period of time for each frequency. Monitor flow and pressure to see if any frequency proves to be significantly better for my test rig. I do have the ability to go to a max of 10GHz if need be..... But initially the test will be limited to a max of 200kHz.

If I get a peak in production, then the next step will the to re-run the above tests, with finer resolution on the frequency steps between the 3dB points on the graph (+/- 0.707 of peak) until I can find out where my best production is.

This will then be followed by the same test but this time varying the mark-space ratio.

Hopefully this will give me a start point. I may follow up by then trying some differing waveforms, sine/square/sawtooth. Possibly even some custom waveforms. I hope this will give me an understanding of what effects on the cell input voltage have on gas production.

I will probably then start playing with some electrolytes to see if that makes a real increase in gas production compared to all tests being electrolyte free. (got to have a constant both with the physical cell, and also what goes into it as far as water is concerned)

Once I have completed these tests, I will to publish every single test with all input and output values being automatically logged by data logging equipment. I will post the original files from the data logging software as well.

If my new cell design seems to work, then I will know what my loading and generation capacities are. (If I have to build a new cell, I shall know why; and how to make it better)

So, there is my introduction. An outline of my analytical things to do list, a pic of the new cell..... and now, if anyone has any comments, or suggestions, or observations of silly mistakes I have made, I shall be really pleased to hear from you all.....