Thread: double the output

double the output

Hi all,

I need help in this regard. I had successfully built a 7 cells 4x4 that produced about 1 LPM of HHO. I need about 2lpm for my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel that I have been using 100% biodiesel that I make myself. It has 5.9 l motors. I double the cells in this configuration +nnnnn-nnnnn+ and expecting double the output. I also have it reversed of polarity when test out. To my surprise that is not the case, it is drawing about the same amp 13-15 A as the 7 cells and actually produces a bit less than 1 LPM than the 7 cells? The power source comes from 12v battery hooks up to a 15a charger at the same time. Could it be the 15a charger limitation is the cause? My thought is for parallel cells voltage is the same and current is different double in this case but it is not since the charger max out at 15a.
    The original 7 cells runs at about 12-15a.

I am lost? Can someone please help me demistify this? I want to get about 2lpm for the biodiesel truck and do not want to build 2 separate 7 cells!

Thank you in advance for any reply.

What concentration is your electrolyte at, did you keep it the same as before when it was only +5n-?

Can you measure the voltage between the plates? This needs to be between 1.9 and 2.3 volts if your charger can manage it, or is there a way for you to test from your truck?

can you provide any pictures of your reactor?

havens

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    What concentration is your electrolyte at, did you keep it the same as before when it was only +5n-?

Can you measure the voltage between the plates? This needs to be between 1.9 and 2.3 volts if your charger can manage it, or is there a way for you to test from your truck?

can you provide any pictures of your reactor?

havens
    Electrolyte is about the same as the 7 cells 12-14% koh. All measure voltages are 2.1-2.3v on each cell from 7 to 13 cells. I try to keep everything the same just double the cells to increase HHO output for the Dodge diesel truck.

If double the cells with +nnnnn-nnnnn+ arrangement should the current double? I had 13a with the 7 cells now I have 13 cells should it be 26a given everything else the same? My charger max. out at 15a.

Thank you for the help. I will get the picture later.