Thread: Wet Cell Overheat And Explosion

Wet Cell Overheat And Explosion

Hey everybody, I had a major failure with my first and latest HHO wet cell, so here's the story. Yesterday was my first day using the cell I built, the design is SS plates made from a sink, SS nuts and bolts holding it together, and zip ties as spacers, I had it bolted to a plastic lid and submerged in a mason jar. I was testing it my first day yesterday and it was going great except the wires and bolts were getting hot, I was trying not to let it get to hot, I went to fill up my pop bottle for a little fun, an all of a sudden my generated exploded, the glass mason jar shattered, and the plastic lid was destroyed. My ears were ringing after the explosion, I am very glad I didn't get hurt, and want to know what you think might have caused it and how to prevent it in the future. Any ideas/suggestions?

Also I don't have any neutral plates, could this be my problem?

Wow! That's very impressive, and I agree, I prefer wet cells as well. But my cell was never hot, and neither was the water, It had only been running for about 5 minutes before the explosion, and none of the zip ties were melted. However I've changed the configuration, before It was -+-+-+-+ now it's +NNNNNN- and with my 12 volt power supply this should give me 2 volts per plate gap, and cause it to stop overheating, right?

Also could you explain to me the steps and materials to build a cell like that? And how do you get so much gas?